Restoring yet another exhaust

Airhead
This post is 5601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bought myself another exhaust for the DT from ebay, a used 'Big One' brand expansion pipe, sold as light rust on the bend from the cylinder, when it arrived was relieved that this statement was true and light rust it was.

100_0978.jpg

100_0979.jpg

So instead of dremelling the whole lot I decided to get one of them sand blaster things that I had recently seen at Aldi, so went out and spent £10.60 of my hard earned on this

SpotBlaster.jpg

And stayed late at work to try it out, quite pleased with the result really, just did the front bit, will do the rest with Dremmel and rubbing down.

100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

Just thought I would post this because its another option of rust removal for not much expense, obviously though, it needs compressed air supply so dont think you can use a foot pump :lol:

Its also pretty messy and dusty so might not be ideal for using at home in the kitchen...you have been warned.!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aldi, its the Bogs Dollocks eh, not seen this yet, take it its just in OG, looks like a very usefull piece of kit m8, and mucho cheapness ! :)

Aldi, its the Bogs Dollocks eh, not seen this yet, take it its just in OG, looks like a very usefull piece of kit m8, and mucho cheapness ! :)

No its not just in its been and gone but there are still some in the stores...obviously not a good seller. If anyone would want one ring Aldi and they will tell you if there are any near to you, tell them its a 'Spot Blaster' ... ;)

Well if there aint any left I suppose I could a: post you my bits to be blasted

b: epoxy a De' vilbiss sprayer onto a "Weedol pathclear" bottle filled with sand

c: fill my m8's BSA meteor air-rifle with sand (tedious)

d: phone Aldi !

;)

Well if there aint any left I suppose I could a: post you my bits to be blasted

b: epoxy a De' vilbiss sprayer onto a "Weedol pathclear" bottle filled with sand

c: fill my m8's BSA meteor air-rifle with sand (tedious)

d: phone Aldi !

;)

Or 10 pints of Guinness and 2 bags of dry roasted peanuts!

Bought myself another exhaust for the DT from ebay, a used 'Big One' brand expansion pipe, sold as light rust on the bend from the cylinder, when it arrived was relieved that this statement was true and light rust it was.

100_0978.jpg

100_0979.jpg

So instead of dremelling the whole lot I decided to get one of them sand blaster things that I had recently seen at Aldi, so went out and spent £10.60 of my hard earned on this

SpotBlaster.jpg

And stayed late at work to try it out, quite pleased with the result really, just did the front bit, will do the rest with Dremmel and rubbing down.

100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

Just thought I would post this because its another option of rust removal for not much expense, obviously though, it needs compressed air supply so dont think you can use a foot pump :lol:

Its also pretty messy and dusty so might not be ideal for using at home in the kitchen...you have been warned.!!

My neighbour bought one of them and its usefull for the little stuff like that, he's doing up a CG125 (retirement project he'll never finish) and we found Kiln dried sand worked as well as the aluminium oxide powder. Cheaper too.

I use a B&Q pressure washer with a sand blast attachment. did my hubs with those. sand gets every where and you need to get it cleaned afterwards.

for my engine I'm going to use that baking soda home built sprayer, as the soda disolves in water!!!

I use a B&Q pressure washer with a sand blast attachment. did my hubs with those. sand gets every where and you need to get it cleaned afterwards.

for my engine I'm going to use that baking soda home built sprayer, as the soda disolves in water!!!

Just watch the caustic soda on bare ally.

Just watch the caustic soda on bare ally.

didn't say caustic soda, i said baking soda

didn't say caustic soda, i said baking soda

OOOps soreee :rolleyes: