NGK Iridium IXtreme Plugs!

Pete
This post is 7245 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bloody hell £9 EACH....i'll stick with my £5.95 ones...its a right chow on changing plugs on the exup...airbox/coils..bloody japs :lol:

OK...here's the verdict on the NGK Iridium IXtreme plugs!

I will NEVER use the normal ones again.

They cost 50% more, but even if they were 3 times as much, I'd still get them.

Better starting, smoother, and more throttle response. 5th gear used to feel more like an overdrive, but now it really pulls.

OK, you may not get as noticeable a gain on a multi compared to a single....plus the engine is now loosening and it's had 2 oil and filter changes in the past 5 weeks. But there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Iridium has made a major improvement to the bike.

It won't turn a DT50 into an R1, but it will get the best from whatever you're riding. Get them!

Please note...from now on it will be known as the Silkolene/NGK Iridium lifestyle! 8)

Oh well, I guess thats us told then!!!.........

No seriously though you recomend them then, thats a big :tu is it, I'd be £40 for mine, I might just give them a try, and if there crap I'll blame

you!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

axl...I've tried most stuff over 33 years of riding. Some good, some bad.

If it works I'll say so, if it's crap I'll say so.

As you can imagine, I've changed a lot of plugs over the years....and I've never experienced a difference like I did today.

What I don't understand is the mentality of people who'd begrudge paying £40 for plugs and £25 for oil....when they're quite happy to fork out £100 for some multicolour screen.

Course the oil and the plugs can't be seen can they? :roll:

What I don't understand is the mentality of people who'd begrudge paying £40 for plugs and £25 for oil....when they're quite happy to fork out £100 for some multicolour screen.

Course the oil and the plugs can't be seen can they?  :roll:

Yea I know exactly what you mean, my mates like that, he'll put "motor factor's" oil in his bike cause it's only £8 5 ltr's.

He wont pay bike shop prices, he reckin's oil is oil whether it's motor semi or bike shop semi.

I could imagine he's be the kind of guy who do that kind of thing with a screen, if he had the money.

Look at the bollocks that's sold today....floppy ears, Darth Vadar visors, valve caps that light up, coloured tyres, coloured chains etc etc.

And I guarantee that some of the muppets who are into that stuff have cut corners on essentials like servicing items and consumables.

And regarding the NGK's....other people may not notice such an improvement unless the bike is set up to it's optimum. If the carbs are out, worn rings etc then it may not make much difference. But if the bike is 100% like mine, then you really notice it.

Interesting experiment though, if some of you guys try the Iridium for yourselves and report on the outcome.

Look at the bollocks that's sold today....floppy ears, Darth Vadar

Oh shit! :oops: .....Iv'e just went a bought Bishops ears, or Prince Charlie as I thought they were. And Iv'e had my black visor for about 4 years.

No I dont "cut corner's" I do buy the things for bike when it need it, like a gear (cause of falling off last night) but I'll get it out the breakers tomorrow.

I guess that put's me into the dumb fuck catagory, oh well, I thought get these lugs would kinda bring the fun back into biking, obviously you have a diffirent view on that.

Alot of my mates have these lugs too, and their bikes a very well kept.

No...it's not cool axl...it's pretty sad and pathetic really.

It just screams out..."Look at me....I sooooo want to be accepted. I'll wear floppy ears, gaudy dayglo colours....and even get my wheels to light up....now can I be one of you?"

Bikers always were individualists....people who walked a different path to the average guy. Now it's Glam Rock on wheels!

No offence to you or your mates, but you've all just bought into an image created by non-motorcyclist marketing men.

If you think about it....those kinds of biker, and the kids in their souped up Novas with big speakers and baseball caps, have ALL embraced an image that has been created by companies for you to "belong" within your chosen peer group.

As I said, I'm not having a dig....people are free to choose what they spend their money on. If people want to look like Darth Vadar wearing the Blackpool Seafront illuminations....then carry on.

I'll just stick with "Old School" thanks! 8)

Oh well......not only am I a sad bastard, but so are my mates and the some of the guy's who work in Ride On in Glasgow, who sold me them.

And no he didn't "oh you gota buy these, there cool", I'd allways kinda wanted them, like I say just to bring the fun back into bike's.

Why has the fun gone out of biking then?

Wrong bike perhaps? Sometimes we all go through peaks and troughs with it.

But how are bits of fur on your head going to bring the fun back?

I'm basically fighting a loosing battle with you, you have your diffirences and I have mine, and thats all there is to it.

There's must be hundreds of these lopoff lugs been sold here, just people who have them are either keeping quiet that they have them, or dont have any.

I cant believe I'm writing about this, well thats it I'm finished, like I said at the start, you have your opinion and I have mine!

Cheers' m8, it's just bit of harmless fun thats all!!, but he cant see that, its put's us (according to him that it) into the boy racer of the bike word, fekin bollocks!!.

We're (well I'm not) not stuck in the 80' with Motorhead n cut off's :P

But hey!, like I said abouve, he's got his view's, Iv'e got mine, like you say too things change, and I just like a laugh.

And to think all this started off about Iridium plugs :? :roll:

I thought you said you weren't going to bother going on about it anymore?

Well....seeing as you're still fixated on it, I may as well throw this into the pot! 8)

I won't comment on it any more axl, don't think I need to really.

And unfortunately, it seems you haven't had much luck in getting support for your ideas anywhere else either. :lol:

Got to admit that I did have a really good laugh at this one:

"Why don't you just ride around with a big sign on the back of your bike saying I'm a mobile twat"

Not my words....taken from here:

http://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread...ad.php?t=164473

Still.....you know best axl! :lol:

Oh yea I know every fucker laugh's at me, I'm just of those pricks that fucks about through life.

So just fuck off and leave me to it, infact I wont be on here again, cause it's quite obvious I'm just makin' 1 utter and complete cunt of it.

axl mate dont take it the wrong way. its just a disagreement, like unmutuals disagreement againt the superbly built and justified suzukis :P:lol: (/me cant wait to see unmutals responce to that one :P ). i soppose its like marmite, you either love it, or hate them, even though i think more people like marmite than lugs...its still not the point :) theres no need to leave over stuff like this mate.

• Who's Online (See full list)