Running in a ybr

pete 1989
This post is 5602 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just brought a brand new ybr and i was wondering how long you have to run it in for and what is the maximum RPM you can do wile running it in. I want to keep the bike a wile so i want to run it in properly.

Any help would be apresheated.

thanks

pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just brought a brand new ybr and i was wondering how long you have to run it in for and what is the maximum RPM you can do wile running it in. I want to keep the bike a wile so i want to run it in properly.

Any help would be apresheated.

thanks

pete

pete, running it in is easy peesy, just keep the revs reasonably low in all gears do about 200 miles and then start to rev alittle more,at 500-750 miles get first service done,from then on just build the revs up every 100 or so miles,at 1000 miles it should be ok to give it the gas 1500 to 2000 miles give it all its got, if ya just run it slow all its life itll be a dog, in my opinion 4 strokes are like deisel cars,if ya just ride/drive at a slow low rev pace then itll just bog down and stay down, i had a works van that had been driven too slow from new and what a pig........got another a year later from new.....ragged it at 2000 miles (not every where or every day tho) and it was so much better.

others may have other opinions but thats mine.

I would just ride it normally (at any revs). Just don't labour the engine and keep changing the oil. That is what I do but possibly not the best advice.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online