Test, restrictions and how long.

Connor James
This post is 5604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, everyone. Im new to this forum, so hope to get many tip and advice from you all. I did my CBT a few months ago and decided to go out and but a YZF R125. Its a lovely bike and im not sure if id ever go bigger.

Im thinking of taking my test on my own bike. What would be the best way to go about this and what restrictions would i have presuming i pass?

I have heard that i could ride around on my own bike for two years and then go and buy a 600 if im upfor it.

Is this true?

What advice has anyone got for the new style test and is it easy?

Thanks in advance.

Connor James.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well things are unclear at the moment but you can ride a 600 or 1000 straight after you pass but you have to be restrictedto 33bhp or 44bhp (wating for a reply from the DSA) then after 2 years you can be unrestricted but i was told it may be 4 years restricted then another test to get on any thing more power full

well things are unclear at the moment but you can ride a 600 or 1000 straight after you pass but you have to be restrictedto 33bhp or 44bhp (wating for a reply from the DSA) then after 2 years you can be unrestricted but i was told it may be 4 years restricted then another test to get on any thing more power full

yeah i passed my test a few weeks ago and they said that you can ride anything up to 33bhp for 2 years and then after the 2 years you can ride whatever you like , they did recomend taking enhanced training for when you get a bigger bike but its your choice after the 2 years of being restricted.

yeah i passed my test a few weeks ago and they said that you can ride anything up to 33bhp for 2 years and then after the 2 years you can ride whatever you like , they did recomend taking enhanced training for when you get a bigger bike but its your choice.

2 years will fly past, in the meantime get some of this - http://www.corneringclinic.com/

ps cracking bike you've got !

on a point of clarity as has been said above you can do your test on a 125 (e.g. your existing bike), however if you are 21 or over you can do Direct Access on a training school 45bhp+ motorcycle (you have to be with a DSA approved instructor or an examiner) and you can ride anything you want after passing your test (there are no 33/44bhp/whatever restrictions).

i think you've answered your own question though, if you like your bike and dont wanna trade up, do your test on your r125 (do a little top-up with your favourite riding school) and either keep it or follow the above advice.

btw welcome

do not just go for the (under 125) smaller bike test though it will cost just as much and you may find one day that a bigger bike will take your fancy,I love my RD250 it is good fun too ride, but the plodding pulling power of the 650 single is better for longer distances and everyday use plodding along in top gear all day without having too change gear

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online