best Chain lube?

dibeydude85
This post is 7248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just use engine oil when I put the bike at night, I do it maybe twice a week, that way it gives it a chance to soak in, thats what Iv'e done for years anyway.

Cause these fancy spray's that "don't fly off", aye right!!!, Iv'e not used one yet that hasn't.

PJ1 Blue...it's The Daddy! 8)

If you use anything else, then it means you've never tried it.

And axl....you'll find that there's very little fling off with it.

Don't use wax...it glues your chain up dibey.

Truse me on this like with the Silkolene recommendation....it's the best!

No I haven't tried that, my mate used to use PJ1 stuff years ago on his Bulto, I used it for a while on my LC. But yep, I'll give it a try, I'll still prolly end up putting it the night before mind you, thats just me :roll:

Tip for you axl.

Get a chain cleaner like Castol or Motul and really clean it up. Get all the shit off it.

Ride it round for 10 minutes to warm the chain. Then apply PJ1 Blue.

I always lube my chain when I get back from a run cos that's the best time cos the chain is hot.

Then instead of the oil running, it just bakes into a layer of oil on the chain. Fling will then be minimal.

Using this method, I only ever have to make a minute chain adjustment every 1000 miles.

I reckon I could get 25K-30K out of a chain....but I never keep a bike that long.

Yea I know what you mean about cleaning it first, but this putting it on the chain when it's warm, thats what Iv'e done for years, like you say give's it a chance to "seep in" and do it's job!.

i just have a right old clean with the parafin... :?

same here, then i give it a good spray with castrol wax 8)

But engine oil doesn't have the adhesive qualities to stick axl.

PJ1 BLUE...not Black.....really does stick.

Smells like cat's piss though!  :roll:

Yea I'll give it a try, hey if it smells like cat's piss at least it should keep ppl away from it

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Admin

Guys you REALLY REALLY shouldnt use chain wax :shock: Wax isnt much of a lubricant ! Would you feel safe using wax in your engine :roll:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online