Taking the Piss rnt you

Blades_2
This post is 5614 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

does anyone know how much it costs to send a pair of timberland boot laces through the post that you have just bought £6 is it me or we do get ripped off more and more, i have bought parts nd when i say parts i mean like handle bars, mirrors, and a mud gard for my bike which hasnt cost as much to send through the post.

Robbing Barstools :angry::blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

does anyone know how much it costs to send a pair of timberland boot laces through the post that you have just bought £6 is it me or we do get ripped off more and more, i have bought parts nd when i say parts i mean like handle bars, mirrors, and a mud gard for my bike which hasnt cost as much to send through the post.

Robbing Barstools :angry::blink:

Sorry - thought you were getting the boots for that!

I should have thought a quid should cover it!

I try not to buy from the P&P rip-off merchants.

:no: :no: :no:

I wouldnt mind if the P&P on the boot was £6 lets face it there not small but for A PAIR OF LACES because there that massive you cant put it through the bloodi letter box then it should be more, shouldnt it??? ohh wait no we live in a place where we get ripped off by most, the bloodi government included :angry:

I wouldnt mind if the P&P on the boot was £6 lets face it there not small but for A PAIR OF LACES because there that massive you cant put it through the bloodi letter box then it should be more, shouldnt it??? ohh wait no we live in a place where we get ripped off by most, the bloodi government included :angry:

Hi Blades,

was that an ebay sale or A.N other internet purchase ?

Regards Jim

no its from timberland because i cant find any of there boot laces anywhere its a bloodi rip off tbh

simple supply and demand...

if a product/service is not available anywhere else, then the main supplier can charge what they want for it without fear of loosing business to the competition (because there isnt any!)

its the devils magic... :unsure:

i know but getting ripped off isnt fun no matter what it is you get ripped off for, i worked out i paid 85% of the product cost for the P&P alone, its shocking,

look at things the total you pay for em, i paid£20 postage for a memory card from ebay but only 99p for the item, the card would have cot me £30 from a shop, and it means the ebay did not get so much and the seller got more cos ebay do not take a percentage of the postage, oh and now ebay do not charge listing fees for 99p start prices, Yes there are rip off postal charge merchants out there, bu consider the total you are paying before condemning them

merv

the point is i didnt get it of ebay, its just how can someone send me a mudgard for my bike and it cost me £3 and they send me a pair of shoe laces which i hate to point out i havent been able to find anywhere else so you have to pay it £6. its just a rip of a gigantic scam tbh

the point is i didnt get it of ebay, its just how can someone send me a mudgard for my bike and it cost me £3 and they send me a pair of shoe laces which i hate to point out i havent been able to find anywhere else so you have to pay it £6. its just a rip of a gigantic scam tbh

I'd complain and see what happens (if anything)

a have but i wont get my money back, they dnt seem to listen to the customer coz once they have your bussiness then thats fine it dont matter bout owt else

yes blades i was kinda missing the point there,I can see your point, companies tend to have a set price for P&P take Busters/M&P, it seems to be £5 whatever you buy, i reckon it is to try and get you too spend more, which is why i use ebay for small things,

but i have had people buy parts for 99p from me on ebay when there are others selling similar pars for £10 then complaining because i made a couple of quid on the cost postage stamp 9 times out of 10 it costs me money to go too the post office and post these things as it is a 16 mile round trip to the post office.

merv

no its from timberland because i cant find any of there boot laces anywhere its a bloodi rip off tbh

Try the pub on a friday night .... with luck there maybe some guy in the corner asleep wearing said shoes .... remove the laces & he/she would be none the wiser :D

Regards Jim

So what, £6 postage is 85% of the total cost, or a further 85% on top of what you paid for the laces?

Either way, those are pretty expensive laces, chap....

Any reason you wanted these specific ones?

Plenty of perfectly good laces at any Army Surplus or outdoors/camping/snowboarding shops.

All cost a lot fecking less than £6!!!

yeah because there timberland boots, and i have tried this, they destroy any other laces as they have metal eyelets so just destroy anything else you put near them. I like the comment about find a guy asleep in the pub, i will remember that for next time

=] thanks all :D

whats wrong with flip flops?

the most popular shoe in the world :D

lol =] well i dont think i could ride my 50 in a pair of flip flops, or repair my 125 in them it mite hurt should anything happen

I know what your getting at though :lol: the other thing is my pair of boots happen to be about the most cunfy pair of shoes i have ever owned. and thats something :lol::D

Well, first off many Army boots have metal eyelets. The laces cost about 50p a pair and work very well, so try them next time.

Alternatively - Buy some army boots anyway.

Almost all types will do.

Personally, I recommend 2nd generation Boots Combat High or BCH, if you can find them.

I have a line on these if you get stuck.

=] thanks mate will remember that next time i look at my bill

lol

it just really is taking the mick at £6 for some but anyways

thanks all <_<

work boots are under-rated, i bought a et for my work experiance last year and since then they have replaced my school shoes, my trainers and pretty much every other sort of footwear, they are so comfy i can wear them all day, and if someone p*sses me off i can kick their shins

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online