HELP!! What do I have??

dagiantfreak
This post is 5615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought a motorcycel off of Ebay that is supposed to be a 1992 Yamaha Xv535. The problem is, The vin has only 9 charecters. The vin is 2yl064548. What is this bike. I was told by a guy that it might be a import from the Uk. Im not sure. I need a gas cap and gasket for whatever bike this is but I do not know what to buy. Will other years interchange? Like I said, I need help. Any help anyone can give me would be apreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it a Right Hand Drive model?

:lol:

looks like you are correct about the 2YL being a uk modle but i cannot find the 05 bit after it in this list virago frame codes

same website sees to have parts fiches etc the virago website

merv

HI Merv,

old frame numbers where just 3 digit model code followed by the production number so the 2YL will signify the model (UK XV535) anything after this is just the production/engine/frame number, which sould match or be within a digit or 2, from seeing Yamaha production lines in 1980 the only reason for non matching numbers would be if the jig that brought the frame to the production line was incorrectly loaded (wrong frame as they were numbered b4 being set to the line) or there had been a problem in engine manufacture, It would be iteresting to know if anyone has a Yamaha out there that has a frame/engine number within the tollerence (new engines in old bikes will give and engine & frame number too far apart for tollerence).

Regards Jim

[Ok, So we figured out that it is a Uk Xv 535, but what year? Also will any other years gas caps fit? Thanks for all the help so far.

[Ok, So we figured out that it is a Uk Xv 535, but what year? Also will any other years gas caps fit? Thanks for all the help so far.

If you look at the parts bookss online that will give you the part number follow the links in previous posts to look at the info

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online