Thundercat low speed problems

kevin10529
This post is 5617 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got my new bike the other day and it all good apart form when am doing slow speeds <30mph. it seems to not like slow speeds at all. Sounds chuggy and makes strange noise in all gears when slow.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks kev.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got my new bike the other day and it all good apart form when am doing slow speeds <30mph. it seems to not like slow speeds at all. Sounds chuggy and makes strange noise in all gears when slow.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks kev.

ride it faster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

as O,g, says sync the carbs may help, change down a cog and up the revs a little may smooth things out

Mine is similar to yours and I'm putting it down to having a standard exhaust fitted after the carbs have been setup/re-jetted for a race can/sports exhaust, if you know what I mean.

What kind of exhaust you running? What was your previous machine? ie can you tell if it's making the power it should? I couldn't when I stepped from Aprilia RS125 to my Thundercat. . . which in its self caused me some problems.

Its got a Remus Viper can and pipes on it. Sounds good btw!!

Whats a carb synchronizing gauge and is it easy to carb balance?

One of my mates recons that's what the problem is but he dont know how to sort it either.

Here is a link to the sort of thing they mean = http://www.carbtune.com/

It helps you tweak the carbs to ensure each cylinder gets the same amount of fuel/air mixture. Never used one myself but I'm sure someone around here will know how to use one!. I think you attatch a little pipe to each carb from the gauge and then, I would assume, you adjust the mixture screw on each carb until the gauges read the same?