bloody 'ell

liquidcooled
This post is 7246 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it's fookin grim on here :? :roll: not many folk on tonight, i've been cleaning the bike for the last few hours and had a nice run. been a cracking day here 8) sun shining all day and is still out 8) you all had a good day?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Changed the oil and filter on the XT.

What a hassle.

Dry sump job....never done one before. And there was a crank drain plug, frame drain plug, cartridge oil filter job too. Managed to belch the old oil out of the frame drain plug onto the front tyre too. After you refill with oil you have to check the dipstick in front of the tank. Not so easy with no centrestand, then you've got a bleed screw in the oil filter housing that you have to check for oil flow.

Still it's done now at 2750 miles and runs a lot better on the Silkolene than the Castrol that was in it. Next change will be 4000 miles which should be at the end of the Summer.

sounds like alot of hassle pete :? worth it though eh. do many of the other big trailies come with centerstands fitted? my xj is the first i've had with it still on, very handy it is too!

Always complaining :roll:

Spent a few hours yesterday fixing the throttle cable on my DT. Damn thing kept catching on top of the forks :? :roll:

i have quite a struggle with the xj, it's not the weight just my balance and being a bit afraid to give it all incase i drop it. as i said, it's my first one with a centrestand so i'm sure i'll get used to it 8)

i had to work.........i delivered another boy today...........the past 10 births i have done 8 have been boys  :?

wow, that's great. so much better than just cleaning the bike 8) do you like your job yammie?

well i finished doing a good bodge on my bike today, i managed to fit the dt50 exhaust on and got it air tight, instead of using a rag for the seal inbettween pipe on silencer i used gum gum stuff, works a treat. then to recreate my rear tail light i had to put an old indicator lens over the 2 bulbs and then put a red quality street wrapper sello taped over it, and the best bit is, it works better than the orginal :shock: my first bike lesson tomorrow woo o/ :D

Well, just got my DSL hook up back :evil: .......(long story, Don't Ask!) took my other new toy (SkiBoat) out last weekend for a bit water sports fun.......typical stroker starting ritiuals :roll: .......but once I got it running, it went like stink! 8) :D .....hate having to go to work in the morning when it's so nice outside :( ......would much rather be Riding or Boating :wink:

• Admin

What a choice you have now! Boating, Skiing, and the other Skiing, And biking 8)

What a choice you have now! Boating, Skiing, and the other Skiing, And biking  8)

yeah dont we just hate him :wink: lucky baaaarstard :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online