Replacement Piston Kits

AndyDtr08
This post is 5622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive got the barrel for my dt125 lc 1986 in the engineering shop for a re bore, he wants to charge me 42 quid roughly for a piston kit. On ebay i can get one for 27.50 delivered. He says its probably a cheap "indonesian" part and will probably cause problem. I know its more than likely that he just wants more of my notes in his til, but has anyone bought aftermarket piston kits and had problems with them before? I cant see what the problem could be i mean as long as the dimensions are correct......

here's the ebay listing, any advice or thoughts appreciated :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250336148177

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've bought stuf from yambits and pgm and both are good vendors.

yambits is a member of the rd aircooled forum

I've bought stuf from yambits and pgm and both are good vendors.

yambits is a member of the rd aircooled forum

Cheers, found out the piston set is made by KHC. Ive never heard of these personally so does anyone know if they are knoqn for quality or cheap (krap) parts?

Danke

Dave at yambits usually supplies good quality crap :D , Nornmally mitaka pistons never heard of these,

due to a fall ut over something trivial with another member and he is very busy we do not dsee him on theaircooledforum any more but he is a good guy and i can thoroughly recommend him,

Merv

Cheers, found out the piston set is made by KHC. Ive never heard of these personally so does anyone know if they are knoqn for quality or cheap (krap) parts?

Danke

To be honest .. the piston manufacturer is sound but bear in mind the rebore man may not wish to bore to a supplied piston as he will have lost the proffit on the piston that he may have supplied and in the 'current climate' who can blame him.

Regards Jim

Dave at yambits usually supplies good quality crap :D , Nornmally mitaka pistons never heard of these,

due to a fall ut over something trivial with another member and he is very busy we do not dsee him on theaircooledforum any more but he is a good guy and i can thoroughly recommend him,

Merv

Im waiting for the engineering place to contact me as they might drop some of the price off. Im quite happy to buy thru boretech or yambits, but if i can get a kit for 27.50 to my house, i dont see why i should pay boretech nearly double that for a kit. They do a lovely job of the rebore my other bike was done there, only that time i didnt bother checking if i cud get other piston kits else where as i wasnt paying 3000 pounds a year on an education.

They are getting on my nerves though now, he asked me to ring back in the moring last night, i ring back on a break today at uni and he tells me to ring back after lunch. I was busy animating until gone 5 when i eventually got a chance to ring back, by then theyve gone home..........lol im gonna end up giving up i swear!

i cud get other piston kits else where as i wasnt paying 3000 pounds a year on an education.

Hi Andy,

Thats some money on education are you paying that or the supplier and for whom ? When I did an expensive school it was only about £170 PT but that was back in the early 70's So can you answer where this is comming from

Regards Jim

Hi Andy,

Thats some money on education are you paying that or the supplier and for whom ? When I did an expensive school it was only about £170 PT but that was back in the early 70's So can you answer where this is comming from

Regards Jim

Im working towards an HND (Higher National Diploma) in 'Moving Image'......does exactly what it says on the tin really, any kind of moving image, film Tv, animation etc. The yearly tuition fee is 3000 pounds as its essentially a uni course, but i study it at a college so i get to stay living at home getting mum to do washing and cooking etc :D

I meant to get a student loan to pay for it, but i never got round to it so i had to use some money id got from a grandparent. Will have to get a loan for next year though :(

Ive got the barrel for my dt125 lc 1986 in the engineering shop for a re bore, he wants to charge me 42 quid roughly for a piston kit. On ebay i can get one for 27.50 delivered. He says its probably a cheap "indonesian" part and will probably cause problem. I know its more than likely that he just wants more of my notes in his til, but has anyone bought aftermarket piston kits and had problems with them before? I cant see what the problem could be i mean as long as the dimensions are correct......

here's the ebay listing, any advice or thoughts appreciated :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250336148177

Boretech refused to bore to a piston i provided, but i have got them to knock a piston kit down from 42 to 35 so meh, atleast it will be a good job.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online