Clutch swap?

wild foamy
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone

just a quick question

wil and RD350 clutch fit a Jawa 640 style? :lol:

alternatively, does anyone had a RD350 clutch they would be kind enough to measure? (basket depth, diameter, no of plates, shaft diameter) e.t.c

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

will ave a look in the morning i have an aircooled 250 clutch i measure the basket of, it has 7 friction plates that much i can tell ya

merv

hi everyone

just a quick question

wil and RD350 clutch fit a Jawa 640 style? :lol:

alternatively, does anyone had a RD350 clutch they would be kind enough to measure? (basket depth, diameter, no of plates, shaft diameter) e.t.c

Hi W/F

are you having a laff ? The Slovak chariot needs its own clutch in order to run the odd function you found via the kickstart/gearchange lever, if you have stripped the motor (Jawa) you will see it bears no resemblance to any Yamaha clutch (assuming you have looked at a Yamaha clutch also) so the best you can do (I guess the Jawa clutch is slipping like crazy) is to research if a friction plate manufacturer (other than Jawa) produces the same friction plate, then obtain some new plain plates (Jawa issue I guess, may be EBC ? ) fit them and if possible find someone who produces springs that work !

Sorry to pee on ur bonfire but I did work on those 'odd machines' and it would appear you are having the same problems users of that motor had back in the 70's

Regards Jim

Nope, the original clutch is fine for now, albeit a bit sticky (think it needs an oil change, probably been in there about 10 years) but im making considerations for the future if/when it does go

Nope, the original clutch is fine for now, albeit a bit sticky (think it needs an oil change, probably been in there about 10 years) but im making considerations for the future if/when it does go

so therefore there is no need to change the clutch (ur lucky) so why bother thinking about trying to fit some thing that wont work ? but an oil change .... I think not if you have clutch problems i.e sticky you may need to look at the information I imparted earlier but I'm sure you know what to do with the old Slovak

lol, it's a bit of a learning curve, this bike... but it's cheaper to insure than any other bike i've compared it with.

i assumed that because the majority of parts are swappable with the RD YPVS parts (forks, exhausts e.t.c) then the clutch would also fit... hence why i asked for measurements

the clutch works, so for now i am going to just give it a service, new forks, rear tyre and leave it as it is,

lol, it's a bit of a learning curve, this bike... but it's cheaper to insure than any other bike i've compared it with.

i assumed that because the majority of parts are swappable with the RD YPVS parts (forks, exhausts e.t.c) then the clutch would also fit... hence why i asked for measurements

the clutch works, so for now i am going to just give it a service, new forks, rear tyre and leave it as it is,

Oh Ok,

everyone will have to re write their parts books! I guess if you manage to get a YPV front end to fit the Jawa you will be doing well unless you spend loadsa time re machining the Jawa yokes in order to fit the YPV bits, the Yamaha yokes will not fit . But it would be good to see .. when you have it done I'll pop over to Newbury to see the finished result

Regards Jim

Yamaha stanchions are the same size as the jawa ones (32mm). and adding RD350 forks is quite a common mod, especially in India where spares for the Yezdi/Jawa cycles aren't available

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online