HELP XT660X unridable

barwell1992
This post is 5535 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i fitted some new exhausts to my dads XT660X that came with the bike they are made buy quill and sound awsome the problem is its so lumpy and chuggy its almost kicking the bike all over the place the bike also has a K&N filter on it and thats all thats been done to it what could be the problem im thinking it could be the CO2 sensor not leting the bike get the fule it need lower down the range so i could remove some of the limmit in the diag menu

does any one have any advice sort of disapointing that my dads up set that his bike dont work :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

CO2 sensor? do you mean o2/oxygen sensor? This tends to control steady state throttle fuelling under light load and therefore is not an issue at idle (efi bikes tend not to use the O2 sensor at idle or full throttle) so as ^, it needs a tweak on the dyno, maybe powercommander.

ok thanks for the replys

and by the CO2 cencer i mean O2 cencer its aparently helps the bike not be so rattely it fine on strat up and all that but just not when riding it :/

EDIT: well i told my dad and he would like to know where the closest one to warwickshire is and how much will it cost or is it worth buying a powercomander ??? also if i droped the airfilter out and put the old one back on would it solve the problem because on the quill web site it says no modifications needed :S

ok

EDIT: well i told my dad and he would like to know where the closest one to warwickshire is and how much will it cost or is it worth buying a powercomander ??? also if i droped the airfilter out and put the old one back on would it solve the problem because on the quill web site it says no modifications needed :S

You would need dyno time to set the Power Comander up properly any way, you would be looking at + or - £200 for a Power Comander and Dyno time ,,, yep, there is a good chance that the bike will run OK if you put the standard air filter back in,,,,,,, would be the cheapest option !! what small gain in power there is ( if there is any gain !!??) with the K&N filter really aint worth the cost .

That is ,, unless you are going racing ??

You would need dyno time to set the Power Comander up properly any way, you would be looking at + or - £200 for a Power Comander and Dyno time ,,, yep, there is a good chance that the bike will run OK if you put the standard air filter back in,,,,,,, would be the cheapest option !! what small gain in power there is ( if there is any gain !!??) with the K&N filter really aint worth the cost .

That is ,, unless you are going racing ??

ok thanks will do that now :)

and haha my dad racing thats funny he drives like a grandad now if it were my mums bike there might have been a chance of racing

You don't need the expense of a Dyno, you just the right information.

Go HERE and you will find a whole bunch of folk who have made this mod previous, and you'll get to find out what you need to do.

Don't spend a penny more until you've looked!

Make sure you introduce yourself first, and for the £10 it costs to become a supporter you'll have access to the full tech section where you can ask the R & X experts...

You don't need the expense of a Dyno, you just the right information.

Go HERE and you will find a whole bunch of folk who have made this mod previous, and you'll get to find out what you need to do.

Don't spend a penny more until you've looked!

Make sure you introduce yourself first, and for the £10 it costs to become a supporter you'll have access to the full tech section where you can ask the R & X experts...

cheers for that my dads already a member but i have sorted it out now first droped the K&N out then was naughty a road it down the road lol then i decided to do the CO2 mod thing and that made it even smoother :) will get some picks up in a min it dont look like the normal XT660X lol

sounds like a compleat beast as well i realy wouldent want to take out the DB killers

thanks for the advice foalks

right well my dads XT660x is still not right its just makes you feal as thogh you are going to fall off its so unstable and lumpy it has the original air filter on and all at stock setings and still no go and the site for the exhausts says they just slip on and work

is there any other reson he could still be having a problem ???

any one at all any adivce is welcome

if i carnt find a solution the onld ones are going back on and these will be sold

right well i removed the baffels to see if that resolved theproblem (dident) but found that you had to be constantly on the cluch when slowing down because its so unstable and kicks like a bucking bronco

is no one in a helping mood today or somthink ??? was expecting atleast one reply :(

Get you old fella to put the same post up on XT660.com - you will get an answer, there are 100's of folk on there who've done the same mod.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online