Chav...must have

Airhead
This post is 5630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just seen this on another forum...buyer beware!

Last year I went to a bike jumble and thought it might be cool to fit a little light to the tirevalves that they were selling there. Big mistake,due to the centrifugal force the extra weight of the light/bulb snapped the front tirevalve and I ended up on the deck. Luckely I was not going too fast at the time and I did not suffer too much damage, the bike(GSX1100F) has mainly superficial damage to the fairing etc. So a little lesson learned the hard way. I am looking for some parts if there is anyone out there scrapping a GSX1100F(power screen model

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol, my mate had some on his BMX but they kept getting nicked.

i used to have a little pair of trainers with lights in the soles, but water got in them and only one worked after that :o , now i walk/ride everywhere in my steel-toed work boots, Mmm... comfy :)

I suppose it will only be a problem on a fast bike that is used to its potential, its all about inertia forces causing the brass tyre valve to stress fracture, so...foamy...you should be fine with some on the pea shooter... :D

I've come across this before, also to add to it:

Metal valve caps/covers have the same affect.

Check the length of your valve stems, long ones (if only by 5mm) also bend during riding, and the stem itself can become damanged.

Ooh, my ex-girlfriend has those light-up valve caps on her bike....

How amusing!!! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online