Daft question ref rev counter

redhot206
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As title suggests really my rev counter has died and i'm positive it's the cable at fault, so looking on good old fleabay i cant find a "rev" cable but lots of speedo/tacho cables would these suit the rev counter? and yes i am a complete novice regards bikes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a Tachometer is the "proper" name for a rev counter

so its the tacho cable you need ;)

EDIT: im assuming this is the TDR125, as you have no other bikes listed in your profile?

As title suggests really my rev counter has died and i'm positive it's the cable at fault, so looking on good old fleabay i cant find a "rev" cable but lots of speedo/tacho cables would these suit the rev counter? and yes i am a complete novice regards bikes

if by rev counter, you mean the little swinging needle that goes back and forth from 0-8 as you give the bike throttle, and if its in a round box that shows RPM 0-8 x1000

usually located on the right side of the bike next to the thing that tells you your speed......

then yes it is commony known as a tachometer.

or tach.

you are looking for a tach cable or tachometer cable.

good luck.

Contact your local motorcycle parts shop.

They should be able to get either a genuine replacement, and/or a suitable aftermarket one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online