2006 yam fz6

DTXracer
This post is 5502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

just up from a DTX125 to a fz6 got a very good deal on it just waiting for my restrictor kit to be fitted so i can take it home and remove it ;)

right first question; how different is this engine from a R6, am i right in thinking its just CAMs and the ECU??

also best place to buy a nice sounding exhaust, tail tidy ( to start with )

i'll post up some picks when i bring it home

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not just the ECU and cams,,, so is the compresion ratio, also the fuel injection system and the gearbox ratio`s and prob more !! I don`t think there is very much that you can swop between the two bikes.

Remember, if you take the restrictors off, then you will not be covered by your insurance.

Not just the ECU and cams,,, so is the compresion ratio, also the fuel injection system and the gearbox ratio`s and prob more !! I don`t think there is very much that you can swop between the two bikes.

Remember, if you take the restrictors off, then you will not be covered by your insurance.

the ristrictor kit is only needed for another 6 months so i'll be leaving it on till its legal to remove it

i thought with it being the same engine as the 2003 R6 some bits would be interchangable??

i thought with it being the same engine as the 2003 R6 some bits would be interchangable??

Based on may be closer !!

Some parts may be interchangable,, oil filter, crankcase covers,but I don`t think I know of any person thats turned a Fazer 600 or Thou, 1998 to 2009 into an Thundercat, R6 or R1 by swoping engine parts between the models,may be if you swop the engines ?? but that would be a major job cos as far as I know the mounting points are different, as are the electrics.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online