because 17 year olds in cars suck!

underage+overpayed
This post is 5642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

im completely new here so please dont slaughter me if i say something completely retarded.

basically im in love with the yamaha XVS dragstar 125 and i intend on buying one when i turn 17 and riding it on my CBT.

however in time i want to pass the A2 test allowing me to carry passengers and riding up to 600's at the age of 17.

i just wanted to know how dragstars faired with passengers (im 6ft2 and 11 stone myself (fatty i know)) and how fast i could get one to go.

im aware its a cruiser so its not a speed machine but i wondered as im going to keep it for a few years before i get on anything bigger what mods can be made and what difference with will make.

this help is greatly appreciated.

x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,

im completely new here so please dont slaughter me if i say something completely retarded.

basically im in love with the yamaha XVS dragstar 125 and i intend on buying one when i turn 17 and riding it on my CBT.

however in time i want to pass the A2 test allowing me to carry passengers and riding up to 600's at the age of 17.

i just wanted to know how dragstars faired with passengers (im 6ft2 and 11 stone myself (fatty i know)) and how fast i could get one to go.

im aware its a cruiser so its not a speed machine but i wondered as im going to keep it for a few years before i get on anything bigger what mods can be made and what difference with will make.

this help is greatly appreciated.

x

Hi welcome to the boards, we don't ACTUALLY slaughter people on here. More slowly roast..... :lol: Just don't upset Goff??

Anyho your 125, don't bother if you plan on doing the A2 test, buy a cheap wrecker to get the expeience and your test sorted, an old trailee or something (make the test as easy as poss) and keep your money for the 535 which you can have restricted. It will be FAR better and faster than a 125 drag even restricted.

I loved my little 125Drag, it managed alright 2-up aswell.

A bit slow, but that gives people longer to look enviously at you riding along...

Well i thought this looked a bit dodgy. maybe a left over from the spammer 17 year olds sucking in cars, but it is ok. I am not going to have to ban anyone or delete anyhting i see

merv