black and green cable

This post is 5491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi could some 1 please post a picture of the black and green cable to remove from the back of the speedo on a yamaha dt125re etc please, as i carnt find 1 on mine unless its well hidden lol:D

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

(Just noticed you sorted it in another thread yamimad :lol: but ill leave the post anyway. )

First off i am not responsible for any damage or any other problems that occur from this mod. i havent been able to verify if it works or not as my bike is a non runner at the moment. DONE AT OWNERS OWN RISK. :(

Appologies for the blurred images. i didnt have room to back up far enough in my 8'X6' shed.

I'll go into detail incase it helps anyone else trying the same.

Step 1 remove the 2 x 10mm bolts to the left and right of your headlight.(the one shown below and one on the opposite side)

bolt1.jpg

Step 2 remove the crosshead screw underneath the headlight and remove the headlight unit.(you may want to dissconnect the the wires and remove the headlight entirely or balance the unit somewhere, i prefer to disconnect it and get it out the way. but its upto you)

bolt3.jpg

Step 3 locate the wires exiting from the rear of the speedo as marked in red below.

wiringloom.jpg

Step 4 slide the rubber cover back along the loom itself to expose the connection blocks.Locate the one from the speedo thats marked in red and seperate from the bunch.

wiringloomexposed.jpg

close up of correct block from speedo side with empty port marked

theblockspeedoside.jpg

closeup of block from loom(opposite) side with black and green wire marked( i could swear it looked black and blue to the naked eye, or it could just be me)

theblockloomside.jpg

step 5 cut yourself a piece of 3-4mm thick wire about 10cm long and strip about 5-10mm from both ends. Locate the wire into the empty port making sure it goes straight through to the other side of the block as to get a connection.

(you could cut and earth the said black/green wire but this way its easier to undo if required. again upto you, if you going to cut skip to step6)

addedwire.jpg

Step 6 earth(connect) the other end of the wire you just added to a suitable place. I found the triangle shaped bracket that holds the headlight to the lower fork yolk a good place. make sure all dirt, grime and paint is removed from the area the wire contacts to so as to get a connection.(i skipped the dirt ect removal as i wont be testing it until i fixed the bike).

earthedwire.jpg

Step 7 do steps 4/2/1 in reverse to reassemble and go for a ride B)

Again sorry for the blurred pics. best i could do on the weekend.(i will rescale/retake the pics when i have time didnt realise they were so big??)

MaD.VeZ

(Just noticed you sorted it in another thread yamimad :lol: but ill leave the post anyway. )

First off i am not responsible for any damage or any other problems that occur from this mod. i havent been able to verify if it works or not as my bike is a non runner at the moment. DONE AT OWNERS OWN RISK. :(

Appologies for the blurred images. i didnt have room to back up far enough in my 8'X6' shed.

I'll go into detail incase it helps anyone else trying the same.

Step 1 remove the 2 x 10mm bolts to the left and right of your headlight.(the one shown below and one on the opposite side)

bolt1.jpg

Step 2 remove the crosshead screw underneath the headlight and remove the headlight unit.(you may want to dissconnect the the wires and remove the headlight entirely or balance the unit somewhere, i prefer to disconnect it and get it out the way. but its upto you)

bolt3.jpg

Step 3 locate the wires exiting from the rear of the speedo as marked in red below.

wiringloom.jpg

Step 4 slide the rubber cover back along the loom itself to expose the connection blocks.Locate the one from the speedo thats marked in red and seperate from the bunch.

wiringloomexposed.jpg

close up of correct block from speedo side with empty port marked

theblockspeedoside.jpg

closeup of block from loom(opposite) side with black and green wire marked( i could swear it looked black and blue to the naked eye, or it could just be me)

theblockloomside.jpg

step 5 cut yourself a piece of 3-4mm thick wire about 10cm long and strip about 5-10mm from both ends. Locate the wire into the empty port making sure it goes straight through to the other side of the block as to get a connection.

(you could cut and earth the said black/green wire but this way its easier to undo if required. again upto you, if you going to cut skip to step6)

addedwire.jpg

Step 6 earth(connect) the other end of the wire you just added to a suitable place. I found the triangle shaped bracket that holds the headlight to the lower fork yolk a good place. make sure all dirt, grime and paint is removed from the area the wire contacts to so as to get a connection.(i skipped the dirt ect removal as i wont be testing it until i fixed the bike).

earthedwire.jpg

Step 7 do steps 4/2/1 in reverse to reassemble and go for a ride B)

Again sorry for the blurred pics. best i could do on the weekend.(i will rescale/retake the pics when i have time didnt realise they were so big??)

MaD.VeZ

cheers pal and just so you no it makes a hell of a difference i was well impressed with it lol:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online