FJ1100 and FJ1200 Parts Compatability

kelpike
This post is 5100 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an 1986 FJ1200. I might have a chance to purchase a FJ1100 without the motor. I am wondering if there are any posts that possibly list the compatable parts of these 2 bikes? Or does anyone know what parts would fit? What might a parts bike without motor be worth? A few parts off the top of my head I need are handlebars, centerstand, cables, front fender, windshield, possibly brake parts. A few things that I would consider changing depending on condition and if they fit are forks, body parts, wheels, etc... Come to think of it, maybe I'll just put my motor in the 1100 frame, ha

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an 1986 FJ1200. I might have a chance to purchase a FJ1100 without the motor. I am wondering if there are any posts that possibly list the compatable parts of these 2 bikes? Or does anyone know what parts would fit? What might a parts bike without motor be worth? A few parts off the top of my head I need are handlebars, centerstand, cables, front fender, windshield, possibly brake parts. A few things that I would consider changing depending on condition and if they fit are forks, body parts, wheels, etc... Come to think of it, maybe I'll just put my motor in the 1100 frame, ha

Any luck ?

i have '88 fj 1200 parts for sale

I'm in Ontario, Canada

The only compatable parts are handle bars and centre stand, the 11 runs 16" front and rear wheels so no good, also forks and fender are no good due to 16" front wheel.

I think that the 12 engine might fit the 11 frame but why ?

The handling is not as good, your best bet is to swap the 12 forks into the 11 frame, get yourself a FZRtho front & back wheel with a thunderace swinger and you will realy see how these bikes can go.

3571224424_a304bb3570.jpg

3570416223_97b2d44efd.jpg

Adam.

• 9 months later...