Tyres?

wild foamy
This post is 5562 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

just shopping around for some Jawa tyres, i think im after a 90/90-18 for the rear and a 100/90-18 for the front.

whats the best place to get cheap tyres?, the front is okay but its been stood in a shed for 7 years so i would rather replace it, the rear deffo needs replacing.

cheapest rear tyre i found is a Cougar 126 from busters - £26

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/produ...p;kw=90%2f90+18

cheapest fornt is a Michelin pilot sporty - £38

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/produ...;kw=100%2f90+18.

the jawa restoration is coming along slightly but due to being out of a job i am focusing more on the mechanical side of the project now. sealed the carb and got it running today, starts first kick :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ev'nin Steve, no idea about tyres, those you found look cheap though, t'internet will be your best friend (Google) but I expect you already tried that. Glad the bikes starting well now, did you sort the charging issue, dont recall you saying? How come youre out of work now?

tried google, busters seem to be the cheapest ive found so far.

havent solved the charging problems yet, will check the brushes today and replace them if needs be (new set is £10 mail order)

i left my job at Currys, just couldn't stand it any longer, the amount of hastle i got off the customers and the managers was unbelievable. ive applied at some other places for work so im now waiting to hear back from them

update:

Jawa currently has a 3.50-18 on the front and a 4.00-18 on the rear

... what do all of these different numbers mean? :huh:

does it really matter if i use different brands of tyre for front and back?, it already has an Avon on the front which has loads of tread left but the rear one has a bit of a square profile to it and needs replacing.

hi everyone.

just shopping around for some Jawa tyres, i think im after a 90/90-18 for the rear and a 100/90-18 for the front.

I would be surprised if your front tyre was wider than your rear tyre.

all a bit confusing this 350/18 equivalent would be 110/90/18 and 400 would be 120/90/18 i reckon

what are the recommended sizes for the bike ??

Right just looked on Dunlop website they recommend a 325/18 K82 front and 350/18 k82 rear on all Jawa 350.s

so these are the sizes you are looking at , the k82 is not a bad tyre maybe not a cheap as the ones you see but i dont like cheng shin/golden etc after a bad experience that could have cost my son his life he slid on his FS1e on a damp road and nerly went under a landy disco, we fitted michelin tyres to that after and you could brake without it locking up and it held the road in the wet wheeas before it was like riding on ice when it was wet.I have been told Cougar are resonalbe tyres but will never venture to try i stick with pirelli /avon/ bridgestone/continental 4 bikes on road 4 different makes of tyre!!!

i have used K82,s on the Rd250 i used to have and they were fine on that. ultimately the best you could fit i reckon are Bridgestone BT45 but they will set ya back a good £130 for the pair .

but vintage tyres do the k 82,s for £46.50 +vat for 325/18 and £49+vat for 350/18

wit free delivery

looked on google for for the specs and its saying:

Rear tyre is 90/90-17

Front tyre is: 100-90-18

got the two figures mixed up, my bad

(http://www.fixya.com/motorcycles/p981306-jawa_640_style_super_luxe_2004)

Yet on mine it has a 4.00-18 on the rear and 3.50-18 on the front... O.o

well if you have a 18" rim on the front there is no way you will get a 17" tyre on it, i think the google lot have made a mistake, try looking at tyre company websites to see th recommended tyres

merv

all a bit confusing this

Now foamy " 3.50 , is imperial sizes ie. 4.00 = 100mm 120.90.18 = 4.50x18 etc ; that 90 is profile [ not 90mm] its 90% of the width.

are u still confuzed :unsure:

3.00= 75

4.00= 100

4.50= 120

5.00= 140 width . and thers no way ur front is wider ;) than the back tyre

the website got it wrong, the tyres on my Jawa are 4.00-18 on the rear and 3.50-18 on the front

so... would a 100.90.18 fit the back wheel of my jawa?

, the tyres on my Jawa are 4.00-18 on the rear and 3.50-18 on the front

so... would a 100.90.18 fit the back wheel of my jawa?

yip . as long as there is clearance .[ swinging arm] 1OO =4.OO . So is the same thats on stevey. As i said the 90 is profile [ wall height] &18 is ur rim [ not RIMMING :lol: ]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online