Went for a ride this afternoon

Airhead
This post is 5646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok I decided that now I'm on a 4 day week and since the weather is good to dig my bike out from all the stuff thats been thrown over it and my beloved DT. The ride was canal towpath from Dukinfield to Marple Bridge, Marple roman lakes, Brookbottom and onwards and upwards over Lantern Pike and home towards Glossop. I love it this time of year with all the stuff burstin with life after winter, this was the firs time I've ridden my bike for around a year and a half now so with some big big hills it was tough going, took some pics for you along the way too.

This is my bike, its a Mongoose Teocali super for those of you who care

100_0899.jpg

And heres a shot on the towpath from my belly button cam

100_0904.jpg

a couple more on the towpath

100_0906.jpg

100_0907.jpg

Stopped for a chat with this fella on the way

100_0911.jpg

Marple Roman Lake

100_0912.jpg

The river wotsit

100_0915.jpg

And me, making it look oh so easy

100_0917.jpg

The hills above Glossop, lots of downhill from now

100_0918.jpg

So...thats where I live, good...innit!

Now where did I put that sudocrem :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now where did I put that sudocrem

What lovely scenery . O.G. Nice bit o" country.[ ur not a city boy then] . Yeh & saddle sore :D and may i say ur lookn fit[ish] The old mono shock will be relieved [ lack of weight with all that exercize]

Any way i put the old husky[430] back together t,day, fired 5th kick. First time shes run since xmas

Remember u told me to grind in Primary gear . . and fixed hole in casing. ready for the classicMotoX next sunday,

My bike still has top trumps cards stuck to the spokes... last tiem i sat on it the handlebars were in my chest and the seat disappeared up my arse...

... ive had it for about 10 years though, so its to be expected that ive outgrown my little green jungle bike :lol:

Looks like a great ride out OG. I grew up in Bury and my Mum had friends in Glossop so I know how nice that area can be, I often miss the countryside in the north west. Now I'm in Portsmouth <_< I can't really justify a decent mountain bike as there are no hills! So I've just got a knackered chinese Raleigh which is terrible but its hard to beat a nice ride out on a sunny day.

Some really nice pics there O.G, like you got my mountain bike out a few weeks ago. If its hills your after get your self down Stoke. Seriously thou there is some nice country side around these parts so like myself enjoy the rides. :yes:

looks fun oldgit

i bike to

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

and anoter...

20242682a10228806301l.jpg

Turn your love spuds into 'creamy white mash @ mountainbikes.come-on-now'

:mellow:

snot for me .

roman lakes not far from linnet clough scout camp site. great area

i think your supposed to stick a banana somewhere, to stop the pain!! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)