My New MT-03 :D

barwell1992
This post is 5177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi well i got my first proper bike at the weekend it a 06' Mt-03 and i thorght i would just share some pics with you.

The most anoying thing is i carnt ride it for another 4-5 weeks because im not 17 yet so carnt start my 3day crash corse until the 13'th of april :( but i should have my licens withing 2 weeks of that date

i have riden the bike and love it and i think it look good with all the things that have been done to it :)

moddifications :

.carbon rear seat conversion

.fly screen

.side radiator covers (carbon)

.Carbon bellypan

.handel bar crash sliders

.Mat black paint job

and will soon have some handelbar wind deflectors

so hear she is :)

P1010754.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010760.jpg

P1010759.jpg

comments welcome :)

sorry about spelling im Dislexic

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These things are a mad looking machine!!!

Just noticed, the hand guards are the same as the Tenere's!

Ye they are im going to get the wind gards for them because they are cheeper than heated grips :)

and ye they do look good but i do want some akrapovics but they are £600 so a bit much lol

I've got the wind spoilers on the Tenere, considering they are very small, they are very effective. You can pick up a set of Oxford Heated grips for anywhere between £30 and £80 on Fleabagbay, they are the best value for money and much better than some of the cheap on/off type grips you can get.

Akrop's have a great sound and in all the times I've fitted them there is a marked improvement in power bands.

I've got the wind spoilers on the Tenere, considering they are very small, they are very effective. You can pick up a set of Oxford Heated grips for anywhere between £30 and £80 on Fleabagbay, they are the best value for money and much better than some of the cheap on/off type grips you can get.

Akrop's have a great sound and in all the times I've fitted them there is a marked improvement in power bands.

Ye i thorght about heated grips but its the front of my hands that get cold so i thorght will just go with wind shields :)

and ye i have never been on a bike with them on but have been on some of my dads bike's with scorpion cans on (all race versions not road lol) the best sounding was his zx6r but his R6 just sounded winey and his fazer 1000 had a verry nice sound but sounded a bit to high pitched in my oppinion :).

i have a leo vince exhaust on my 50cc and its gone verry rusty would this hapen with there exhausts for the MT do you think ??

thanks

Nice bike mate :D

I didnt think you could do the 3day course until you were 21? Or is it different if your just going for the 125cc test?

Nice bike mate :D

I didnt think you could do the 3day course until you were 21? Or is it different if your just going for the 125cc test?

Na you can do it but just a catogory A1 license i think all that enables me to do is ride any bike thats 33bhp or less so it needs to be restricted unfortunatly for 2 years but after those 2 years i can have any thing i also have to do a 125cc starter day just to make sure im good enough for the 3 day corse then and abviously if i pass my theory test.I think it was also somthing to do with me allready having my CBT as well for almoast a year.

so i have a buissy month ahead (theory test 1st april, then tester day any time up till 13th april then 3 day traning from 13th april (15th latest) and then my test the weak later :S) all a bit daunting realy.

and the MT is definatly a step up from a gilera DNA 50cc :P but did have a 250cc manual quad befor

Na you can do it but just a catogory A1 license i think all that enables me to do is ride any bike thats 33bhp or less so it needs to be restricted unfortunatly for 2 years but after those 2 years i can have any thing i also have to do a 125cc starter day just to make sure im good enough for the 3 day corse then and abviously if i pass my theory test.I think it was also somthing to do with me allready having my CBT as well for almoast a year.

so i have a buissy month ahead (theory test 1st april, then tester day any time up till 13th april then 3 day traning from 13th april (15th latest) and then my test the weak later :S) all a bit daunting realy.

and the MT is definatly a step up from a gilera DNA 50cc :P but did have a 250cc manual quad befor

Oh yeah i forgot you could get the restrictor kits actually for 33hp. Dont be too daunted by it all mate, im sure you will be fine, no diff from your 50;)

MT is a nice bike, i fancy a test ride on 1 :P

Congratulations, mate :) She's a beauty!!

I had an '06 model and can highly recommend the Arrow exhaust for the MT-03. Needs a Power Commander + K&N but boy, its worth it! It sounds awesome.

Have fun and good luck for your test.

Chears both and ye but carnt aford the exhaust atm lol and i will be geting a new bike after my 2 year restriction any way ( posibly a Super duke 990) if i can aford one and the MT will be transferd over to my mums name.

and i think its plenty power full enough for me atm (unrestricted) lol got the front up in second gear buy accident and my mum nearly had a heart attack but my dad was like now thats how its done :lol:

Welcome " - That s an awsome looking machine u got there .. I take it thats a street-fighter style thing :unsure: "IS IT ". am a bit old fashioned , i like it tho ;)

looks great, how much is the insurance barwell?

haha i hoped some on wouldent ask u will be horrifide

well at this verry moment it will cost me £1600 fully comp with my mum on it as well with all the extras like break down helmet leathers legal help personal injury cover but in 2 month's time it comes down to £1100 with evory thing and with pillion use added on as well then after 6months i will be about £700 aparently

so you could say its expensif but beats buying me a bike and my mum a bike then insuring my on my own (verry expensif) so all in all workes out about £1000 cheaper than me and mum having our own bikes

• 2 weeks later...

lthanks and no not realy the street fighter look it will do when i have finished with it

:D

Welcome to the World of the MT,i have an 01 which i have just finished re-building after pulling it appart over the winter to get it painted.

If you are looking for any information on the 03 visit www.mt-owners-club.org.uk

new_pics_002.jpg

cheers all :) well i have just found out that i dont have to restrict it because im doing the new typ of test and that alows me to ride a bike with 44bhp and the MT-03 is onlt 45bhp so dont need restricting :D

and nice bike Casper i like the MT-01 a lot but 1600cc is a bit big for me atm lol :P

cheers all :) well i have just found out that i dont have to restrict it because im doing the new typ of test and that alows me to ride a bike with 44bhp and the MT-03 is onlt 45bhp so dont need restricting :D

and nice bike Casper i like the MT-01 a lot but 1600cc is a bit big for me atm lol :P

Very nice machine,barwell !!

Enjoy it.

:rolleyes: