Headlight/Turn Signal Issues

willi183
This post is 5513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Alright, so I have had some issues with my wiring, but I ordered a new harness and I have everything ALMOST fixed. Just a couple small errors I was hoping someone had some suggestions on.

1) All of my signals work (Front/Back - Left/Right) , but they won't flash when signaling... could this be an error with my flasher relay?

2) All of my gauges (neutral/oil/signal) etc work when the key is turned on, but the headlight will not turn on.. Neither high beam/low beam. Now I know the head light works because I attached it to the battery and I got a high and low beam to turn on. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure what bike you are refering to but it could be:

1) Turn singnals / flashers may only work when the engine is running especially if it's a 6 volt system.

2) Again headlight may only work when the bike is running, the side light should come on with the ignition but headlight will only work when the engine is started.

Have you tried anything after you've started the bike ???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online