Adding an oil system?

wild foamy
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

so im sitting here on my bed, keyboard on my knees, going through a parts list for my Jawa 350 restoration.

whilst browsing on ebay getting some prices, i saw an oil pump from a Suzuki 370 and wondered, would it be THAT hard to set up a seperate oil system for my Jawa 350?, obviously i would have to change the carb for one with an oil inlet but there are OKO carbs on the internet with that feature that are cheap enough. theres plenty of room in the side panels for an oil tank

i understand that it would require a certain amount of creative bodging, but perhaps i could run the pump off the flywheel drive somehow?

saves me having to carry a calculator and bottle of two stroke oil under the seat...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does it not have a cup on the underneath of the filler cap? Mine did. Unscrew cap, fill cup with oil every time you fill the tank with petrol, and sorted. No calcuations required :)

Running it off the crank might be (quite a lot) too fast, and result in over-oiling. Changing the carb could take you hours to rejet to suit - do you want to risk holing the pistons if you run too lean?

Worth looking into, and finding out more of the pitfalls and benefits and how much work would be required for the outcome you get.

Try riding it for a bit before making major changes to the fuelling system, I'm sure everyone on here would agree with that.

Try riding it for a bit before making major changes to the fuelling system, I'm sure everyone on here would agree with that.

im counting the days until i can do it legally! :lol: and hopefully once the weather warms up i can get out in the workshop and some work done on it, shouldn't take too long...

nothing on the underside of the filler cap... :s

more aggro than it will ever be worth i reckon, you could drill the inlet for an injector but running the pump well i dont know, you could see if an eberspacher electric pump for a truck/bus night heater will pump 2 stroke oil but it may have no regulation, the injectors on 2 strokes are regulated by throttle opening. so you would end up with either too much oil at low revs coking up the engine or too litle at high revs causing a seizure, also a lot of people who tune 2 strokes remove the injector system and run premix, also you have the problem of fitting an oil tank. How much does your tank hold. 10 litres? measure enough oil too mix with 10 litres and keep it in a bottle somewhere on the bike too tip in when you refuel, , It is a shame the garages do not have 2 stroke pumps anymore, yuo just adjust the pump and squirt the correct amount of oil in, well i do know of one that does but it would be a long trip to orth devon to fill with fuel everytime

mev

tank holds 14 litres of petrol

theres a Jawa posilube pump on ebay, and some of the earlier bikes did have the posilube system fitted so perhaps the provisions for driving the pump are still on the engine?, will take the covers off and have a look

i cba to premix really.... too much hasstle

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online