Soldiers Funeral Cavalcade

Airhead
This post is 5518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought I would bring this to your attention in case any of our members want to attend.

The mother of a soldier killed in Afghanistan has made an appeal for people to take part in a motorcycle cavalcade at his funeral in Somerset.

Cpl Tom Gaden's body was brought back to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire on 3 March.

The 24-year-old 1 Rifle soldier will have a military funeral on 16 March and the plan is for motorbikes to follow the procession.

Judy Gaden, from Taunton, said her son was a biking enthusiast and would have loved a farewell of bikes.

Gordon Kemp, ex-traffic policeman who taught Cpl Gaden how to ride, has joined in a public appeal to other enthusiasts.

"The more we can do, the more we can honour Tom.

"I am calling on employers to allow motorcyclists just to nip out for an hour," he said.

Funeral Appeal

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Too bad i can't make it as i would have liked to go along, im likely to be a serviceman myself in a few months (RAF, not army)

Lyneham isnt that far away, i could have probably made it on my DT50...

R.I.P Cpl. T Gaden

Sounds like there was a good turn out, pleased to see that for his mothers sake R.I.P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online