British Trials Championship Round

wildone
This post is 5540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please find below a copy of an email which I've just sent to my mates "The Wild Bunch"

You too may find the content interesting but please note that the instructions like "this side of" apply to those coming from North of Whitby

Hi Wild Bunch,

Please find pasted below and extract from this weeks TMX

Scarborough & DMC. National Scarborough British Champs Trial at Low North Park, Harwood Dale, Scarborough, North Yorks. 9.30am.

On the assumption that some of you are interested in the skills of riding motorcycles this local event is a British Championship round and short of the British round of The World Championship it is / should be as difficult a trial as you will see anywhere.

Harwood dale is well "this side" (North) of Scarborough and will be flag - marked as a right turn from the main Whitby > Scarbro' moors road.

The venue is wholly owned by the club with hard entrance roads and car parks, flush toilets and ,especially for Oily Rag, it has a permanent Burger Hut .

The site was a massive Army Camp before being purchased by this forward thinking club and enjoys a comprehensive array of trials sections options ----- but it is actually beautiful too with steep sided wooded valleys and never dry streams.

Very difficult sections of this British Championship round will all be within walking distance of the central car park and would offer you a day out on land that you couldn't normally enter and top quality trials riding free to view.

See you there ?

W1

PS

The Wild Child, seen in the attachment at Scarbro' on his Fantic UK K-roo, says he'll be "in bed" after his Saturday night-shift

I expect better excuses from other Desperado's

K-rooScarbro.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now that it's over and thereby it's too late for you to decide to go ---

Please find pasted here below my sad report which I sent to the Wild bunch today --

Morning / Afternoon Wild Bunch

I took the pieces of silver from the Sorn Man this year and thereby I have nowt w' less than four wheels on the road at the moment

The turnout / crowd was so massive at Harwood yesterday that all of the Desperado's may have been there.

However I think that our numbers were confined to Fleetup Ray and I (and I didn't even see him)

In contrast to your previous admissions to being a non-attendees at Trials ------- Yesterday may well be my last of many.(MANY) trials

My excuse is that it was extra slippery yesterday but the truth is that I fived section 12 in a big way and whilst laying prone on a 1 : 2 slope I thought "what am I doing here"

I was very relieved that the gallery had moved on to section 13 and that Sable was left alone to extricate me by applying dog power to her lead.

At one point I thought that I would never reach the car / carpark but the caffeine was calling from my flask therein and I was very pleased to sprawl across the kennel part of the focus estate.

Enough of my problems -- the choice was mine -- I could have stayed at home, in comfort, filled with dinner whilst posing no further risk to my knackered leg.

However, by about 20.00 I would have thought ---"I've done nowt today and it's gone forever"

THE TRIAL itself was absolutely fantastic ---- as in all things the standards move on and if you drop out of the loop for a short time the progress is a cultural shock when you return.

The sections were of the severity that I would have expected at a World Round just a few short years ago but here they were at a British Championship Round.

Dougie (Lampkin) stood out a mile in my eyes having just returned to his own countries championship after dominating the World scene.

However there were other great riders present and the victory was snatched by Drabil with another clean at the mega hard last section (last / second lap) where Dougie fived.

In truth I didn't see that section that lap because I was still laid near to death in the estate car.

At least I met with some old of me old buddies like Wayne Braybrook, John Shirt Junior, Rastus Rathmell and of course Marty Lampkin

Lampy and I have had a running competition since the days when our Sons rode in National Schoolboy events all over this country and we would remark on how well (or otherwise) that we had parked up our Tranny's.

Yesterday he admitted to me that he too was now resigned to the reality that driving the transporter was his only contribution.

However his "contributions" were still there to be seen --- his personal presence in the sections - his loud banter ----- his section altering --- his father / son "advice" and his massive all round experience.

I consider Martin to be one of the fine characters of this world and long may he continue.

( It was noticeable that Isobel (Mrs L.) was not present yesterday but perhaps she was allowing her ears to recover for one day )

W1

PS

I may have changed my mind about "not going any more " by tomorrow !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online