Mags to fit 72 R5

Cole
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knows where to find some mag wheels to fit a 72 R5? I've looked on ebay but can't really find much. I'm not sure though which other bikes I may be able to find them on that will fit mine....

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knows where to find some mag wheels to fit a 72 R5? I've looked on ebay but can't really find much. I'm not sure though which other bikes I may be able to find them on that will fit mine....

Thanks!

Hi Cole,

Just dog some early RD250/400 wheels in ... only prob may be the disks R5 = no disks RD= disks but as the R5 ran common cycle parts it would not be to difficult to add the RD stuff (if you can find it), but if I had a 72 R5 I would want it to look like an R5 not some RD thing. OK you may suffer from a bit of unsprung weight (front & rear without lighter bits) but the bike will handle within its design. Whats wrong with an R5 being an R5 rather than some hacked thing with later bits on ?? I did a conversion to an RD350B (put alloy wheels and all RD bits on) but after it was done it looked stupid.. not the Silver 350B with wire wheels etc so it went back to RD350 in short order

Regards Jim

well Rd ones would be the way too go but they are heavy only come with disc s although you can get Rd200 allys with a drum rear but they are very heavy as well another possibility is the Lc wheels they had drum rear disc front but you will need a set of lc forksand modify the back end i reckon, but i reckon but do noy hold me to this the lc yokes will go straight into your frame

Merv