leaking tank

shed hermit
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks

i have a tank that is leaking in several places (i think) and the previous owner has masked up with some sort of resin. i havent looked at whats behind the resin so i dont no what it is like, i was just wondering if anybody has used any of the tank sealer products on the market and if so what were the results? this option would be much cheaper than sourcing and buying a new tank that might also have the same problem.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never used it but Goff swears by JB Weld, do a search you might find its been discussed before.

cheers mate will do and goff swears at everything anyway :lol::lol:

I had the same problem on my Rd350 powervalve tank and came across a product available from tank care products tel : 07834415921 mon to fri that is used to line aircraft fuel tanks.It comes as a one part red sealer that you pour in to the tank and swill round to coat the inner surface. It does take a few days to set but once set will remain flexible and fuel resistant.You will have to make sure the inside of the tank is totally clean and degreased ( i used brake cleaner ) and dry also if someone has used petseal on the inside this will have to be removed first.I wouldn't use petseal as this tends to break up after a while and block carb jets. Tony.

PETSEAL NO NO NO if the tank has been previously done with it I:E the resin you is in it now then tank care products do a product to remove i , i know been there done that, POR15 is good as well

merv

PETSEAL NO NO NO if the tank has been previously done with it I:E the resin you is in it now then tank care products do a product to remove i , i know been there done that, POR15 is good as well

merv

If possible, get a good 2nd hand tank. You would not consider having a suspect tank in your car, so why have a potential bomb sitting over the engine of your bike!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online