New tyre

echums
This post is 5577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

My rear tyre has a puncture, and its tubeless, so i'm assuming the best thing to do, rather than try to fix it, is just get a new one.

ON the sidewall its says: 130/70-18

I've looked around a bit, and found some for about £80 including postage. My car tyres (from the ww dealership) were only £60.

Does £80 sound right to you? If not, does anyone know anywhere cheap, I can get one from?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends on what make of tyre you want,What tyre have you got on the front ? better to have the same make on both wheels..

Bridstone BT45 £69 , Metzeler Lazertec £68, Continental Avenue £60, Pirelli Sport Demon £67,

Those prices are from M&P direct (mail order) so the price you have been given ain`t that far out.

Then of coarse you need to get it fitted ! unless you are going to do it yourself?? if so best of luck !

Yep I have fitted many a tyre, but of the tubed type,they ain`t so hard to do,, but I have found it just ain`t worth the trouble with tubeless, our local tyre guy charges bout £8 to remove and fit a bike tyre and it takes him about 4 mins to do..

If the damage ain`t to bad on your old tyre and there is plenty of life left on it, then it could be worth repairing, but get some one who knows what they are doing to do it .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online