Finally....

YamaHead
This post is 5432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some financial matters came together this last week...& I must say that I've got a great wife 'cuz she gave me enough cash to add this to my 2-Wheel collection..... B)

XT6SuMo003.jpg

I'd been watching this on CraigsList for the past 3 months.....& actually test rode it 2 weeks ago...hit it off right away with the seller....who's an avid Pedal Mechanic (bicycles). So I rang him up on Saturday & got him to take $1800 plus my trusty old Gitane..... :huh:

XT6SuMo002.jpg

It's an '88 XT600 with less than 9k on the clock....so plenty of life left in her... ;)

XT6SuMo005.jpg

For me, it's a perfect starting platform for a SuperMoto project....

best part is the most expensive parts (wheels & tires) are already done....

Hell, the seat, wheels & tires are worth the $1800 alone. :thumb:

Took it out today for a romp down the twisties....& then down to the river... B)

XT6SuMo008.jpg

I'm pretty stoked that my 14th Yamaha is a White & Red one again!.....had 2 others in the past (550 Seca & RD400) & this one Rails better than both of them put together! :eusa_dance:

It's a bit heavier than my 550 but brakes & steers alot better.

The 1 downfall is only a 2 gal. tank, but like alot of other things, that'll be sorted in time. ;)

XT6SuMo007.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lovely bike there :)

bet you are happy with that !

just shown the missus, how your wife was so understanding.....she just carried on talking on a completly different subject!!! <_<

great looking bike and I hope you have lots of fun on her Scott

That - is a very lovely bike indeedy. I bet you're proper chuffed! And good on Mrs Yamahead too!

My OH bought me a GSXR400 frame, tank etc last night so i can build me a lil fighter all of me own - i am absolutely over the moon - gimme a bike part over flowers/choccies/flame-retardant undies anyday! :lol:

That - is a very lovely bike indeedy. I bet you're proper chuffed! And good on Mrs Yamahead too!

My OH bought me a GSXR400 frame, tank etc last night so i can build me a lil fighter all of me own - i am absolutely over the moon - gimme a bike part over flowers/choccies/flame-retardant undies anyday! :lol:

Reminds me of old mate that arrived home pissed with a bunch of flowers for his wife. She said " I suppose you want me flat on me back with me legs in the air for those". He replied " Why? haven't you got a vase".

just shown the missus, how your wife was so understanding.....she just carried on talking on a completly different subject!!! <_<

great looking bike and I hope you have lots of fun on her Scott

Showed my wife as well, said "yes very nice dear" And patted my hand,

Some girls!, They just don`t get it,

Crackin bike Scott.

• 9 months later...

looks like thats gonna be fun! Dont suppose you know if the wheels were off another bike or were they built to order. Fancy puttin a set on mine but as I've got the Tenere (30l tank) not sure how well it'll handle. Please let me know if you do have any info on those wheels.

Some financial matters came together this last week...& I must say that I've got a great wife 'cuz she gave me enough cash to add this to my 2-Wheel collection..... B)

XT6SuMo003.jpg

I'd been watching this on CraigsList for the past 3 months.....& actually test rode it 2 weeks ago...hit it off right away with the seller....who's an avid Pedal Mechanic (bicycles). So I rang him up on Saturday & got him to take $1800 plus my trusty old Gitane..... :huh:

XT6SuMo002.jpg

It's an '88 XT600 with less than 9k on the clock....so plenty of life left in her... ;)

XT6SuMo005.jpg

For me, it's a perfect starting platform for a SuperMoto project....

best part is the most expensive parts (wheels & tires) are already done....

Hell, the seat, wheels & tires are worth the $1800 alone. :thumb:

Took it out today for a romp down the twisties....& then down to the river... B)

XT6SuMo008.jpg

I'm pretty stoked that my 14th Yamaha is a White & Red one again!.....had 2 others in the past (550 Seca & RD400) & this one Rails better than both of them put together! :eusa_dance:

It's a bit heavier than my 550 but brakes & steers alot better.

The 1 downfall is only a 2 gal. tank, but like alot of other things, that'll be sorted in time. ;)

XT6SuMo007.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online