Need Shock Absorbers for RD200's

jmartini
This post is 5681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All: I am currently rebuilding 2 rd200's (1974 rd200a and 1975 rd200b), and am trying to find replacement shock absorbers. The shocks are 330 mm or approximately 13 inches in length (eye to eye). Hagon used to make replacement shocks for this bike but they have been discontinued. Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a couple sets? Regards. John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello All: I am currently rebuilding 2 rd200's (1974 rd200a and 1975 rd200b), and am trying to find replacement shock absorbers. The shocks are 330 mm or approximately 13 inches in length (eye to eye). Hagon used to make replacement shocks for this bike but they have been discontinued. Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a couple sets? Regards. John

Can you restore them.

Thanks for the replies! I saw the ones on ebay earlier today and contacted the seller to see if he could do 330, and apparently he can do 325mm which is probably close enough, but haven't heard back on price. The ones I have cannot be rebuilt since they are really rusty etc. I had locked into a Hagon Shock Dealer but apparently Hagon discontinued their line of shocks for the RD200, which is really unfortunate, I have a pair on my 71 XS1B and they are really nice! Not sure how good the ebay ones are but they have to be better than 34-year-old original equipment (I would think). If you want to see the projects as they come along feel free to visit www.myrd200site.com and if you think of any other places that might have something please let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online