1973 MX 250 Parts Availability

Yamaha107
This post is 5547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Don, i checked that rear sprocket but unfortunately it won't fit the std MX/SC 73/74 rear hub as they are different to the DT {cush drive} versions. and 44 teeth is just a no-go for my MX bike as i need around a 51~53. got the sprocket issue sorted now anyway. was able to put another sprocket from another bike in the lathe and machine the centre out to suit. main hurdle i need to jump now is an airfilter cage but if i'm unable to find one, it should be easy enough to make. that and time. anyone got any spare time?

i checked no cage and filter is in very bad condition, twin shock is right about AMS racing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks guys. i never even thought to check AMS but have dealt with them before and found them pretty good.

found a filter here locally in the meantime though, so just the cage. next week will see what can be done with the motor. looks like just a set of main bearings and seals will see it on it's way.

thanks again folks.

Don,

I live in Rochester. You still interested in selling the MX250?

hey lowlife you still looking for a MX250?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online