starting my bike (yamaha aerox 50)

frazerw
This post is 5584 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my yamaha aerox 56 reg wont start, its been in the garage and stopped starting on the electric start earlier in december but carried on working with a easy kick from the kickstart. But now its completed stopped working and ive now brought it inside my house because of the cold weather to see if it gets any better but it hasnt. Can anyone help and know the problem? im a real beginner with bikes i can just about manage to put petrol in and top the oil up thats all i can do. its a 50cc but it is tuned it that matters

i have not long had a new header tank etc because i put neat anti-freeze in it and burnt everything out.

any reply back would be very much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my yamaha aerox 56 reg wont start, its been in the garage and stopped starting on the electric start earlier in december but carried on working with a easy kick from the kickstart. But now its completed stopped working and ive now brought it inside my house because of the cold weather to see if it gets any better but it hasnt. Can anyone help and know the problem? im a real beginner with bikes i can just about manage to put petrol in and top the oil up thats all i can do. its a 50cc but it is tuned it that matters

i have not long had a new header tank etc because i put neat anti-freeze in it and burnt everything out.

any reply back would be very much appreciated

cant be as simple as a flat battery can it? i would charge that & clean the spark plug (or fit a new one) & drain out the petrol & replace it with fresh & see if that works dont throw the petrol away you can always mixit with some fresh once the weather warms up & you start using it regular

ok thanks ill try all that tommorow morning, the batterys definately fine though. it just wont tick over, its always trying to start it and kickstart would work otherwise.
I wish my wife would let me bring my bikes indoors.

ive stripped everything of my bikes now except the parts, ive got the seat off and all the panals.

anyone know how to clean a carb? and im worried about taking the pipes off it and forgetting which ones go where etc

• 2 weeks later...

My Aerox dosent start with the electric start. One day i went into a shop for about 2min came out tryed to start it up useing the button but it wouldnt work. So i had to look like a complete arse useing the kick start, so dose any1 have any idea with what could be wrong with it. Every time i press the button i hear a click and thats all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online