Say hello.......

Pete
This post is 7289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....to my new Yam! 8)

The Divvy is no more....it's been replaced by an XT 600.

Here's the deails:

2003....11 months old, so 13 months Yamaha warranty remaining.

1,600 miles.

Predator stainless steel road legal complete system.

Excellent nick....just needs a real good polish.

Cost? I had to pay £1K on top of the Divvy....but bearing in mind that the Divvy only stood me £1700, then the XT effectively cost £2700. Which isn't bad for what is basically a new bike. :lol:

Rode it the 90 miles home from the dealers, and first impressions are that it's the easiest bike to ride that I've ever been on.

Not a great deal of power, but on the country roads in Mid Wales it really comes into it's own. Tight corners, bumps, bad road surface etc has literally no effect on it.

You can take corners as quick as you like....it just goes round them like it's on rails. And the weird thing is that you're not aware of any great angles of lean....basically it's wherever you point it....it goes.

Higher gearing than I expected though. I anticipated something that would be wanting to lift off the throttle all the time. But it doesn't....it just goes thumping forward with no unexpected surprises.

I was expecting the wife to be pretty unhappy with it, after the comfort of the Divvy. But she got off the bike all smiles and laughing. It was so different to all the others, and she reckoned it was a lot of fun to go on. Which is basically what bikes should be all about anyway.

So here it is....what do you think?

xt1.jpg

xt2.jpg

xt3.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Looking good pete, just need to shine that exhaust up 8)

Looking good pete, just need to shine that exhaust up  8)

It's on the wife's list for tomorrow Alex! :lol:

The funny thing about the XT is that it looks much smaller in pictures than it actually is....maybe cos it's shaped like the smaller DT's.

Cos in reality it's a fair sized bike....light as a feather compared to the Divvy though. :lol:

That's a Sweet lookin' Ride there Pete :wink:

Like that exhaust! 8) ......& with that rack on the back, it'd be a prime candidate for those Beer to the store :wink: :lol:

I was just checking out Predator's site.

Apparently the stainless steel system on the XT costs £300, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

I just can't understand the logic in somebody paying £300 to replace a brand new exhaust system on a brand new bike....and then only do 1600 miles in 11 months on it. :roll:

i do like xts very much i used to have a off road xt 350 it turned out it is basically a beefed up dt with a 4stroke 350 lump squeezed in there the wheels brakes forks seat etc etc are all dt im not sure about the 600 though

fair play pete maybe one day i could afford one

congrats for the new bike! looks stunning and the fun/ride-factor is totally something else in those dualpurpose bikes.

just install some touratech aluminium bags, large oilcooler, large tank and off you go to the africa :D

• Admin

Yeah would love to tour on a bike 8)

Done 200 miles on it so far....engine's still very tight though.

Me and the wife did a run today round the Mid Wales lakes....narrow single track bumpy roads all the way, and the XT just takes it all in it's stride.

Really having a lot of fun, and so easy to ride.

coooooooool 8) that's one classy lookin bike pete, i like it alot mate 8) the dt's got ya hooked on trailies eh

even managed to get lost on unclassified roads in Mid Wales.

i can almost hear the twanging of the banjo, the scene from deliverance......squeal like a pig boy.....weeeeeee :lol: aint this one got purty teeth billybob :lol:

Did another 100 miles on it today....even managed to get lost on unclassified roads in Mid Wales.  :lol:

DID YOU WHERE NOTHING BUT WELLIES AND END UP IN A FEILD FULL OF SHEEP

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online