XVS 125 Dragstar

Decks2004uk

I my xvs125 Dragstar dose 60mph flat out! is this right? if not wat can i do to fix it???

i also want to change the sprockets to drop the rpm at top end, wich sprocket do i change (front or back) and wat to change to,

was also looking to customis a few bits exhast rear views ect... But cant find any bits????

Would be very gratful for any help. Many thanks DAVID :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - thats about right.

In good conditions (an possibly downhill) you may get around 65 out of it but thats you're lot.

its a cruiser - not a pocket rocket - they aint built for speed me darlin'

:welcome: to the forum David

Even if you can only squeeze 65mph (downhill with a tailwind :D ).....

You'll be laughing all the way to the bank with the fuel money you'll save. ;)

Yep - thats about right.

In good conditions (an possibly downhill) you may get around 65 out of it but thats you're lot.

its a cruiser - not a pocket rocket - they aint built for speed me darlin'

GOFF is totally right here, i have a 125 drag myself (2004) and i havent even hit 60 on mine.....it has good acceleration all the way up to about 30/40MPH then u gotta cruise it baby... in saying that i hit fifty on the dual carriageway.....plus if its windy ur gonna go a lot slower bcus its not streamlined!!! wait till the sunny weather comes (IF EVER) and u should hit fifty easy then cruise into the rest......

P.S i need task masters help ....he needs to tell me how to get the best acceleration and speed ....when shifting gears on my drag.....TASKMASTER come to the rescue

I my xvs125 Dragstar dose 60mph flat out! is this right? if not wat can i do to fix it???

i also want to change the sprockets to drop the rpm at top end, wich sprocket do i change (front or back) and wat to change to,

was also looking to customis a few bits exhast rear views ect... But cant find any bits????

hi david and welcome, i also have a dragstar a 2001 most days 60 to 65mph is not a problem coming down the m62 on the long down hill sections i have got 70 out of her but a lot of the time on the flat depending on weather conditions 60 to 65 is the best i seem to manage there are some threads on here where people have experimented to try and achieve higher speeds but at the end of the day the 125 dragstar is what she is full of petrol and oil weighs 156kg a fair weight to be pulled by a 125cc engine.

as for sprockets In theory increasing the number of teeth on the front sprocket and/or decreasing the number of teeth on the rear sprocket you will result in higher top speed, lower acceleration and better fuel economy. And vice versa: decreasing the number of teeth on the front sprocket and/or increasing the number of teeth on the rear sprocket will result in lower top speed, higher acceleration and worse fuel economy. However whilst generally true in practice this is not always the case, mostly due to the power output of the machine at certain revs being higher or lower than at others. to achieve your desired result will often involve some trial and error. It should also be noted that some models cannot accommodate larger front sprockets: check before ordering. Often the fitting of larger sprockets may require a longer chain: check before ordering.

the 125 dragstar will accomodate larger sprockets and they are not expensive, try wemoto .com they sell spares for the 125 dragstar. once again welcome

GOFF is totally right here

Err...... Says who???!!!!!

Being pretty does not automatically make her right, ya know.... ;)

You should be able to get 75mph on a flat road out of a 125 Drag.

Make sure it's well cared for and has decent fuel in it. I use Shell myself, choosing to avoid Texaco and any supermarket fuels. I find bikes run better on whatever mixture they use.

P.S i need task masters help ....he needs to tell me how to get the best acceleration and speed ....when shifting gears on my drag.....TASKMASTER come to the rescue

I did post the info up for you in one of your recent threads, mate.

As mentioned by the pretty miss Goff, it's not a powerhouse.

Best way to get decent speed and acceleration etc is to pass your test and buy a big bike!!!

I recommend the Rocket III, myself B):headbang:

Best thing to do decks if you want to travel at speeds over 65mph is to get a bigger bike its not worth farting about spending money changing sprockets ect just to get an extra 5mph out of it. Its a 125 cruiser designed to look good sound good and most of all be economical which it does very well.

Err...... Says who???!!!!!

Being pretty does not automatically make her right, ya know.... ;)

You should be able to get 75mph on a flat road out of a 125 Drag.

Make sure it's well cared for and has decent fuel in it. I use Shell myself, choosing to avoid Texaco and any supermarket fuels. I find bikes run better on whatever mixture they use.

Yeah - i guess you could get 75 out of it if you screwed the bollox off it - you have to REALLY push it to get that out of it.

TT just doesnt like me being right :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah - i guess you could get 75 out of it if you screwed the bollox off it - you have to REALLY push it to get that out of it.

TT just doesnt like me being right :rolleyes::lol:

even screwing the bollox of it on the flat you wouldnt get 75 maybe 70 but wouldnt do your bike a lot of good ,the only other way is hang on to the back of that porche at the lights

even screwing the bollox of it on the flat you wouldnt get 75

LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!!!!

Look, I'll show you - Someone lend their Baby Drag for a few minutes.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, you can. I have. It's true!!

I have ridden 3 Baby Drags at various times. Not all were my own. Yes, I was insured.

I did notice a difference in the capabilities, though.

The German Import would only manage an indicated 67mph on the flat. I had to rag it down a Cornish hill to breach 70. I also managed to get it most of the way up the other side of teh valley before large articulated bastards (Hi Dad*) started to overtake me..... :)

However, my proper UK version (with the nicer paint scheme) would happily do 74 on the M4 into London every Friday. I'd breach 75 going downhill between J16 & 17 on the M25, but only manage low 60s coming back again!!

*My dad is a trucker, in case you were interested :)

Hi all thanks for the help, I understand it is not a croch rocket, never thot it was or could be. was just wonder as i just bought the bike and was intreasted to see if it was still giveing its all.

No need to worrie now its off the road, just my luck. ma gs gets knicked a couple of weeks bk and a buy ma xvs and some c?w runs into the back of it, lol.

need to find rear mud, tail lights ,indacators ,exhast ....... Ragin!!!!

I thank you all for your help and look forward to ridein again< lol :D Decks

Hi all thanks for the help, I understand it is not a croch rocket, never thot it was or could be. was just wonder as i just bought the bike and was intreasted to see if it was still giveing its all.

No need to worrie now its off the road, just my luck. ma gs gets knicked a couple of weeks bk and a buy ma xvs and some c?w runs into the back of it, lol.

need to find rear mud, tail lights ,indacators ,exhast ....... Ragin!!!!

I thank you all for your help and look forward to ridein again< lol :D Decks

DAMN man that is bad luck!!! I was on the dual carriage way and it takes me a long time to get up to 50MPH on mine!!! not right?? Also when i start my bike up...it seems to be running high and i have to force the throttle forward to make it quiet down ?? could the throttle be set too high??????

PS I LVOE YOU GOFF haha!!!

Yep - im kinda getting that impression..... :lol:

HAHA ....im kidding i dont want to start freaking you out or anything!!! ...i just know ur quite the looker ..and a great personality to boot...and the fact that u know so much about motorbikes is an added bonus!!!

P.S did u see my comments on your x-factor topic??? would love to see ur input on my voice!!!

HAHA ....im kidding i dont want to start freaking you out or anything!!! ...i just know ur quite the looker ..and a great personality to boot...and the fact that u know so much about motorbikes is an added bonus!!!

Y'see now flattery and a bit of sweet-talkin' might just gain you entry to my secret Jaffa Cake stash........ :D

P.S did u see my comments on your x-factor topic??? would love to see ur input on my voice!!!

Yup - i sure did ;)

...i just know ur quite the looker ..and a great personality to boot...and the fact that u know so much about motorbikes is an added bonus!!!

I need a bucket :barf:

You said it :rofl:

Now now guys dont be nasty lol!!! GOFF is an all rounder!!!! thats all im saying...like i said she is some looker and knows probably more about bikes than u two guys and has a funny perosnality to boot...what more can u ask for#!!!