YZF-R125

zoomer
This post is 5334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you will not need to change your filters for quite a while yet, filters will be around £20 mark

Owners manual says clean 3500 miles, replace 7000 miles must be done by a Yamaha dealer. :(

£50 an hour they charge :( must be something to do with the fuel injection pressure?

to be fair though, all owners manual say 'dealer' doesnt mean you have to! any jobs like that are surely diy

I had a CBR600RR which is also a fuel injected bike that also had no information on what to remove, or how to get to the air filter in the owners manual. :(

Yet all my previous carburettor bikes (02 Hornet CB600 , 00 CB500) had the information in the owners manual which was 3 screws remove a plastic cover slide old filter out put new one in replace cover and screws, job done. :)

We need a Haynes manual.

Owners manual says clean 3500 miles, replace 7000 miles must be done by a Yamaha dealer. :(

£50 an hour they charge :( must be something to do with the fuel injection pressure?

this is nothing to do with fuel pressure lol. Officially, yamaha will say 'we cant have customers changing emissions related parts, as incorrect installation could lead to excess emissions' (or some similar bollox). What bike manufacturers are doing is following the lead of car manufacturers, by trying to force/scare owners into having all maintenance done by a main dealer.

When your filter does need doing (not for a while yet?) there will probably be people who know or information available to access it (cant be that bad!)

Hehe heh, much needed ;) Going for a micron then?

Really want one can’t afford one Boo Hoo (crying insanely) :(

there will probably be people who know or information available to access it (cant be that bad!)

No one yet with any no how (more crying) :(

Really want one can’t afford one Boo Hoo (crying insanely) :(

No one yet with any no how (more crying) :(

have you taken the tank off? its probably directly under the petrol tank

No not yet, I think that is the way I have to go too, the thing that concerns me is that if I disconnect the fuel hose and reconnect it with an air lock in the fuel injection system it may do some damage to the pump as I think they operate at quite a high PSI pressure, there could be a bleed screw or valve to open on the pump to let the air out until fuel flows out.

Unless the pump is in the tank in which case the bike will not start until the fuel has been pumped down the tube through the injector and into the engine. (This I think could be OK.)

There must be someone on here with some mechanical knowledge it is a case of them reading this then replying .I hope.

No not yet, I think that is the way I have to go too, the thing that concerns me is that if I disconnect the fuel hose and reconnect it with an air lock in the fuel injection system it may do some damage to the pump as I think they operate at quite a high PSI pressure, there could be a bleed screw or valve to open on the pump to let the air out until fuel flows out.

Unless the pump is in the tank in which case the bike will not start until the fuel has been pumped down the tube through the injector and into the engine. (This I think could be OK.)

There must be someone on here with some mechanical knowledge it is a case of them reading this then replying .I hope.

iv never heard of a fuel pump being killed by an airlock (not petrol anyway). The fuel pump just raises the pressure (with a lttle lift maybe from an nearly-empty tank), you cant burn the fuel pump out cos if it wont deliver fuel, the bike wont run! The injection side is probably 42.5psi 2.5bar, and air in there will result in a little lumpiness or a stall, but will soon get pushed through.

Diesel pumps need priming, petrol does not have this problem.

Probably something( to do with the fact I have just bought a pressure washer to clean my sons Mxer , it says in there not to run it without water other wise damage to the pump will occur,) playing on my mind. :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online