WR400 indicators

JohnDryden
This post is 5528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had my WR fully rewired a while ago and was told by the guy that because it's DC or AC or whatever he couldn't add indicators. Still charged me an obscene amount for the job, granted he did a tidy job and I've never had issues with it since. Was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how I'd go about doing this as I've seen some WR's out there with indicators on them. I've got the indicator switch on the handlebar already. many thanks

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need to find out if it is ac or dc, you can get a cheap multimeter from argos that will tell you that, then you options are buy the correctly rated indicators or fit a rectifier (to convert ac to dc) or a wave rectifier (dc to ac) as appropriate for the job, you should be able to get what you need from somewhere like maplin with a wiring diagram. hope this of some help.

You need to find out if it is ac or dc, you can get a cheap multimeter from argos that will tell you that, then you options are buy the correctly rated indicators or fit a rectifier (to convert ac to dc) or a wave rectifier (dc to ac) as appropriate for the job, you should be able to get what you need from somewhere like maplin with a wiring diagram. hope this of some help.

Thank you very much for the help.

• 5 months later...

Thank you very much for the help.

you dont need a multimeter first off it has a stator on it so all the power coming from the stator is ac because all coils of wire produce alternating current because the magnets passing by, so with that said it should be AC, however, if the bike has a battery on it then the 2 yellow leads coming from the stator would be going into a regulator/rectifier so it can turn the ac power into cd power, a rectifier s made up of diodes which only let electricity through one way therefor making it dc power(direct current) but inorder to do the turn signal setup preoperly and have sufficien power you should get yourself a regulator rectifier, and a little battery pack from baja designs and follow this tutorial, http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=21510

i hope i am helping you and not confusing the SH** out of you lol, lt me know