MOTH$RFUC%EK

kevin10529
This post is 5466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some f%ckwhit knocked my bike over when i was at my work and the fu%*ers drove off. F&CK%R!!! Arrived at 4pm and at 5pm some woman came in saying that my bike was over!!!! Ran out and my wonderful DT125RE was lying like a corpse.

Broken indicators, bent handlebar, scratched fairing and the throttle is sticking like it has cruise control. Disgusting. Just had it polished and fired a can of ACF - 50 for protection for the winter.

Called Plod right away and he arrived at 930pm, nea doubt.

CCTV all around so they they will check tomorrow, but the twist is Plod says because its not a part of the public highway (because its a car park with no through road i.e it has an entrance that is also an exit) i cant clame off the persons insurance!! could not believe it.

The other possibility is kids might have been climbing on it and toppled it.

I'll have to pay out eitherway cos am only 3rd party.

Mare.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

don't be put off, get the cctv bit & if you recognise them, Kin ave 'em! If it was parked in a private car park there's a good posability that you may know the people from the same building.

but the twist is Plod says because its not a part of the public highway (because its a car park with no through road i.e it has an entrance that is also an exit) i cant clame off the persons insurance!! could not believe it.

Utter rubbish, do you have the Plods number? complain to his sergent. It is a public place, and therefore you require insurance to ride/drive there - otherwise it is an offence under the Road Traffic Act. Just like you require insurance to ride through the carpark in Asda/Morrsions/Tesco etc.

Are you sure he was a proper cop, not one of those plastic jobbies ??

The unfortunate part is your bike is still damaged, and I'l put a weeks wages on the answer you'll get back being "the camera was pointing the wrong way at the time" or "it was kids and we can't see thier faces", rather than the real reason "it's only a bike, I can't really be arsed to do this".

It's no help to you at all, and I'd be well miffed if it happend to me, but I think you're going to have to put this one down to experience.

A few years ago, a woman took her 4x4 down the side on my 6 month old BMUU (I know! wouldn't have another), there was a witness who saw her inspecting the damage before she drove off, but not the actual incident. When plod got to her the car was spottless, but minus the crash bars it had on it during the altercation. No evidence, case dropped. I was bl00dy furious, but the insurance company didn't want to persure it either, so I was stuck. Realy she should have been done for Perverting the Course of Justice, and however removed the bars for Conspiricy, but alas no evidece, no will to go on.

Really sorry, but the copper WAS right :(

There is a difference between a works car park and asda car park.

A highway for the purposes of the RTA is a road that the public have access to. This basicaly means that because it was a works car park, people who use it are for THAT company and not general public.

Asda, Sainsburies and the like ARE public highways (BUT only whilst the store is open) as general public use the premises whilst the store is open. If you would like me to pull out exact definitions and legislation I can do. Hence with the landowners permission you could hoon about in that works carpark all day long on a minimoto, and because it isnt classed as a public highway there's nothing much plod can do. Do that at midday in Sainsburies though and its a different story.

Im sorry but that is the RTA.

If you can find the person that hit it with a vehicle and they admit liabilty then you can still claim, but if they tell you to fook off the next step is the small claims court i'm afraid. So its not utter rubbish after all, sorry.

Hope you get it sorted one way or the other fella.

a works car park, people who use it are for THAT company and not general public.

Doesn't say that anywhere in the post. Assumptions are a dangerous place to go

Doesn't say that anywhere in the post. Assumptions are a dangerous place to go

So as the post says it happened at work and in a car park. ........Surely if it was on the road then the copper wouldnt have told him its not a public highway? Didnt you make a rather large assumption that the copper was talking utter rubbish? mmm...

Unless he works for a company that sells goods to the general public and they are entitled to use that carpark, THEN the copper would be talking rubbish.

Hey Im not trying to piss anyone off here, was just offering up some straight up genuine advice. I wished him well too.

no expert, but if you got video evidence, why not pursue your losses thru a small claims court?

i await correction!

were abouts in scotland did it happen? i might no the old place..

seen a few dt's about recently

I was coaching for the council at a Dumfries council leisure facility open to the public. What does that mean then, is that a public road? CCTV caught nothing at the all 9 of them were pointing the other way!!!! speedo cracked at the back i just noticed aswell.

Got new bars on the way and new indicators

But my bike waill never be the same :angry::angry::angry::angry:

dont let it put you of

its always fun to get aftermarket parts for bikes

I was coaching for the council at a Dumfries council leisure facility open to the public. What does that mean then, is that a public road?

But my bike waill never be the same :angry::angry::angry::angry:

In that case mate if it was open to the public at the time then YES for the purposes of the rta, by definition it IS a public highway ;) And Gas up is in fact quite right :)

lol

Sorry to hear about your bike, man :huh: I hope you get the C*nts that did it >:( .. if they did it to mine, i'd shove their head where the sun doesn't shine... :mellow:

Hopefully the council will pay up for it, is there any signs that are along the lines of 'Vehicles left here are at the owners risk' or something?

Hopefully the council will pay up for it, is there any signs that are along the lines of 'Vehicles left here are at the owners risk' or something?

no probably not but signs will start appearing soon now they relised

I've been doing a bit digging on this, prompted by Tyler (nothing wrong with a challange, nothing would get sorted otherwise) ,,,, and

Scotland has a slightly different approach to this. A public place (Road) is any place that the public has a right of passage R(S)A 1984 Sect 15(1).

OK, so this is just a bit of a technicality, but still pertinent - but if the property has a post box, and has it's address published, then the public have a right of passage. Assuming they have a reason. --- Apparently---

Jesus it a complicated life across the border!

Sorry, my assumprtion that the copper was wrong - you are correct it was an assumption. The reason for this is very straightforward, a police officer is only qualified to make a judgement on a persons sobriety. I deal with the Police on a regular basis through my work, and to be honest the average copper has a basic understanding of the law. They have a very good understanding on what they can do, and how far they can go with things, but when it comes to non-criminal activities they (generaly) have as much understanding as Joe Public. Having said that there are some very good coppers out there, and I've had the pleasure in working with some of them.

:soapbox: I'l get off it now.......

• 6 months later...

There is a difference between a works car park and asda car park.

A highway for the purposes of the RTA is a road that the public have access to. This basicaly means that because it was a works car park, people who use it are for THAT company and not general public.

Asda, Sainsburies and the like ARE public highways (BUT only whilst the store is open) as general public use the premises whilst the store is open. If you would like me to pull out exact definitions and legislation I can do. Hence with the landowners permission you could hoon about in that works carpark all day long on a minimoto, and because it isnt classed as a public highway there's nothing much plod can do. Do that at midday in Sainsburies though and its a different story.

Im sorry but that is the RTA.

If you can find the person that hit it with a vehicle and they admit liabilty then you can still claim, but if they tell you to fook off the next step is the small claims court i'm afraid. So its not utter rubbish after all, sorry.

Hope you get it sorted one way or the other fella.

your a dumb ass tyler your insurance covers you for at least third party any where exept for track days veichle for hire and pace making thats why its called third party thick as f**k have you ever had insurance just read your t and c's

your a dumb ass tyler

dont call him a dumb ass hes probs a lot smarter than you it could also be offensif so wach what you say .....

and i would ask to personaly see the video footage of those all 9 cameras

your a dumb ass tyler your insurance covers you for at least third party any where exept for track days veichle for hire and pace making thats why its called third party thick as f**k have you ever had insurance just read your t and c's

Crickey thats a bit strong, opinion and coment is all very well but thats just plain insulting.