Something bugging me.

alexander foti
This post is 5576 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there.

I have somthething bugging me that I cannot figure out.

When I turn my key my bike makes a buzzing noise (ybr 125 2008). I know this is normal but what exactly is it?

I have searched and forums and google but have not found anything!

Thanks in advance.

shouldn't have any buzzing that's why. I suspect a sticking starter solenoid or a poor electrical connection somewhere. Use contact spray on all your connections.

unless of course its the sound of your engine :)

shouldn't have any buzzing that's why. I suspect a sticking starter solenoid or a poor electrical connection somewhere. Use contact spray on all your connections.

unless of course its the sound of your engine :)

no its definantly meant to be there, doesnt show up when starting only when I turn the key and before I push the starter button. sounds like maybe a powervalve or fuel pump?

A forum full of knowledgeable people and no ideas?

Alex, thats coz the knowlegeable people havent had YBR125's!!

Does it have a power valve, that would do it, also my Bandit does it but its summat to do with the speedo and rev counter, they do a dance when you turn the key on, dont know why but you can hear that too, only it doesnt annoy me like yours does you :P

Alex, thats coz the knowlegeable people havent had YBR125's!!

Does it have a power valve, that would do it, also my Bandit does it but its summat to do with the speedo and rev counter, they do a dance when you turn the key on, dont know why but you can hear that too, only it doesnt annoy me like yours does you :P

Fair enough. I do believe its the power valve although service manuals are impossible to find so I will never find out .

Thanks for the help!

The 2008 model is fuel injected isn't it?

It should sound like that 'cause of the fuel pump that rises the fuel presure.

Most of all FI engines sound like a litle buzzer for 1-2 seconds.

About the manual.

I didn't forget it. It's a big pdf file and ia cannot yahoo it to you. I'll find another to send it.

Both my and my other half's Dragstars do it.

Not all the time, but it's very frequent.

I think it's something to do with the Regulator/Rectifier unit.

That's where it sounds like it's coming from, anyway.

The sound is like the rapid clicking from one of those little Pull & Go toy cars.

And I haven't a fecking clue what it is!!!

Definately the fuel pump, all fuel injection systems (inc cars) prime/pressurise the fuel system as soon as you swith on the ignition, so the pump activates for a couple of seconds.

Definately the fuel pump, all fuel injection systems (inc cars) prime/pressurise the fuel system as soon as you swith on the ignition, so the pump activates for a couple of seconds.

My bike isn't fuel injected.

What might it be?

What does a power valve look like and where is it?

Hmmm..... Seems to be a race-bike thing.

Can't find mention of one in any of the Dragstar manuals...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online