DT50MX

Dufferz
This post is 5693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As some of you may know, i have a DT50mx, 1984 ;)

But when I try to indicate, it takes like 2-3 seconds for it to actually START blinking, but when i swap it to the other side directly, its instant, as it should be..

Any thoughts? or is this normal? 'Cause its REALLY annoying =/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it sounds like your battery needs replaced

As some of you may know, i have a DT50mx, 1984 ;)

But when I try to indicate, it takes like 2-3 seconds for it to actually START blinking, but when i swap it to the other side directly, its instant, as it should be..

Any thoughts? or is this normal? 'Cause its REALLY annoying =/

Has someone accidentally stuck a 12v bulb in the slow side?

In my experience......this scenario seems to be an issue with most older Yamaha's....... :unsure:

Could be a sign of your flasher relay on it's last leg? :headscratch:

My Seca used to do this......unless the revs were up....then it worked fine. :rolleyes:

Yeah, i thought its probably either a 12v or a bad flasher relay, i'll re-charge the battery, whilst checking all the bulbs ;) Lucky i have 6 spare 6v's :)

I have that problem with my DT50, i think its normal, if the revs are up its not usually as bad (mine has a knackered battery anyway).

check your battery with the engine running to make sure it is charging, then check it after leaving it to stand for a while to make sure it is holding its charge

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of different things it could be as they did flasher units for 10w bulbs and flasher units for 21w bulbs. You need to make sure you have the right unit with the right bulbs and make sure all the earths are good. This means cleaning all the bulb holders as they earth through the black wire with the white stripe on it which is connected to a ring that touches the spring below the bulb. This in turn connects to the bulb holder and they get a bad earth through this.

now then when you say it takes a few seconds to start that is from off completely yes. ok then you say swap it over to the other side as in change the switch from left to right or right to left without stopping in the middle and it is instant ?

well this happened on my previous RD 250 after i fitted an after market flasher unit, it is like it takes a while too warm up then once moving is ok, an dafter a f4eind with a Rd 400 bought the same type of unit he had the same, so i reckon as long as your indicators are flashing in the required time you are ok I moted that 250 4 or 5 times without a problem

(they did not rev the engine when it was being tested thnkfully cos at high revs it used to be nearly a steady light)

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online