2006 R6 - 03-05 Exhaust Mod

Jim R
This post is 5688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've fitted these headers (03-05) to my bike and I'm struggling to find a reducer so that I can fit the can back on. If any one has done this and managed to source a reducer to fit, could you please post the details. Your help will be much appreciated!

Thanks inadvance

Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jim - I have done this on my 2007 R6 - I needed to drill out my exhaust flanges that bolt to the engine and also the rear bracket didnt match up so had to match one of them aswell. I had a reducer made up - 53mm to 45mm i think it was. I ended up welding it onto the manifold and needed to cut it back so that the footpeg bracket could still be used (with akrapovic megaphone end can)

Have a look on ebay - thats where i go the reducer from.

Hi all,

I've fitted these headers (03-05) to my bike and I'm struggling to find a reducer so that I can fit the can back on. If any one has done this and managed to source a reducer to fit, could you please post the details. Your help will be much appreciated!

Thanks inadvance

Jim

Many thanks Steve,

Will have a look now. Thanks for the info!

Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online