CLUBS!!!

Mason
This post is 4320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In order:

Ride with: Thames Vale Vultures, my girlfriend, her club, random people from work and all by myself when I feel like it.

My group is affiliated with MAG, NABD and sponsors charities such as The Variety Club and Help For Heroes.

I ride..... a motorcycle!!!! :D

Okay, okay - I and my other half both ride Custom XVS650 Dragstars. Both clubs ride all sorts, from Cruisers to Tourers, Sports, Sports Tourers, Bike Trikes, Car Trikes, Big Trikes and even an old Ural Sidecar outfit.

Who I'd like to be a member of?

Shrug........ No aspirations to join any particular Back, Side, front or any other Patch club.

I do my own thing as far as possible and am mostly separate from that world.

I am on friendly terms with any who are polite enough to smile and say hello.

I am a member of NAB'd

Im also a member of the Virago Star Owners Club (VSOC)

I dont actually ride with any club though.

Who I'd like to be a member of?

Shrug........ No aspirations to join any particular Back, Side, front or any other Patch club.

Agree entirely although there arent many of those kind of clubs for us ladies lol - but i do have several friends who are members of certain MCC's, and i do mix in those circles - but to me they are just my friends and always will be :D

I am a member of NAB'd

Oh, forgot that one - I'm a member too.....

Heh heh, I said 'member'!!!!

Agree entirely although there arent many of those kind of clubs for us ladies lol - but i do have several friends who are members of certain MCC's, and i do mix in those circles - but to me they are just my friends and always will be :D

There's a politics-free, female only 'Frontpatch' club in Kent, that my other half is part of.

They've been going 18 years!!

These clubs are about and becoming more accepted.

Keep an eye out......

Oh, forgot that one - I'm a member too.....

Heh heh, I said 'member'!!!!

*snigger*

There's a politics-free, female only 'Frontpatch' club in Kent, that my other half is part of.

They've been going 18 years!!

These clubs are about and becoming more accepted.

Keep an eye out......

yeah but i live in Manchester. I know of a few ladies only clubs but they are too bluddy far away!

I'm the founding & only member of YamaHeads HST (High-Speed Touring)....& have now branched OFF the tarmac as well. ;)

Basically, Riding Anywhere, Anytime, in ALL conditions type of guy. B)

Currently in the process of recruiting some old mates who've rode Yamaha's almost as much as me. ;)

& always taking applications for others ready to LIVE in the 2-Wheel realm. :D

I belong to the "Smarties Puking Club" :lol: with a select few others worldwide!

Well, OK, two members are now in Barbados ;)

We did have a club sidecar outfit (CZ 350 thingie) that we tried to register in the club name (as no one person wanted to be associated with it) but DVLA sulked at the word "puking" until we changed it to "party" :rolleyes:

I did belong to the NABD - my god they can drink :o let it lapse :(

Me, Myself and I.

To me, riding a motorcycle is the essence of being a free spirit whether it's on the 'highway' or the dirt track, no matter it's about being an individual.

I am a member of the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship), but if was being honest thats about preserving my riding pleasure against a large group of idiots, sorry Ramblers, rather than being part of a group.

I sometimes ride with a group of friends, but even then I ride my own ride. If I want to stop and have a look around, or explore a different route, that's what I do (after a quick text to tell them I'm going). If I'm off on the trail I take a GPS/GSM tracking device so that my other half knows where I am (she just rings the number and it responds by text with my location, brilliant! £100 from Maplin), just in case something happens!

As most bikers do (I find), I'll talk to anyone who is friendly - and having a bike that is a little less ordinary, that happens alot (mostly GS riders, who tend to dribble.......) I've never met a biker who doesn't like to have a chat in a cold petrol station, cafe, lay-by etc.

I've never been one to follow the crowd, I think it's being an individual, my mother says I'm just stubborn.

dont belong to any clubs ride alone and free but thats my choice. but when im out and about most people. assume i am just because i got a goatie and tats. i love the open road and freedom to much to be tied to any club. being able to talk to who i want when i want. :rolleyes:

i ride with a few chaps i no, there isnt any bike clubs in my area :( sucks

Me, Myself and I.

To me, riding a motorcycle is the essence of being a free spirit whether it's on the 'highway' or the dirt track, no matter it's about being an individual.

I am a member of the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship), but if was being honest thats about preserving my riding pleasure against a large group of idiots, sorry Ramblers, rather than being part of a group.

I've never been one to follow the crowd, I think it's being an individual, my mother says I'm just stubborn.

Ditto, actually. I love to ride the bike, even alone. However, that enjoyment is enhanced if it's a ride with mates but I'm not interested in joining any group. If I want to go out, I'll call someone to see if they're up for it. If not, so be it. I'm not interested in any organised ride outs but I'm also a grumpy old bastid, so that's probably not a bad thing ;)

If I'm off on the trail I take a GPS/GSM tracking device so that my other half knows where I am (she just rings the number and it responds by text with my location, brilliant! £100 from Maplin), just in case something happens!

What a corking idea. Does it work only in the UK or is it worldwide?

What a corking idea. Does it work only in the UK or is it worldwide?

Anywhere you can get a GPS lock and a Mobile Phone signal - here in the UK there's not many places you're out of reach.

Used it all through Europe last month too.

• 3 years later...

would like to know if there are any 'clubs' in the York area, but 1) not got my bike yet 2) only be a 125cc untill pass test.

so will I be accepted by a club, as I have heard they dont like / want 125's

or even 'L' plates hanging around LoL

any road if any one knows of any thing please let me know :-)

ta in advance

I only got my 125 in March so I'm not part of any club and none of my close friends have bikes, so at the moment I am riding solo. I did however take a ride to Squire's the other week as a sort of recon mission to find out exactly where it is etc. Even though it was a mid week afternoon there were plenty of bikes there ranging from vintage Triumph's to quads, I had a nosy round and now I know how to get there for next time. I intend on going to one of the regular events.

I'll be going to the cafe ( squires ) once I get my bike sorted, I have been to cafe before even when it was the tiny place in sherburn it's self thats many moons ago. the newer much BIGGER cafe is far better :-)