My New Bike

gazmacfzr600
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i picked up my new Bike and part exed my FZR600 ... hope you like

Image081.jpg

Image080.jpg

Image084-1.jpg

Am thinking of putting a belly pan on it and wouldnt mind it tuned up a bit as i believe they are same engine as an R6

Gaz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they are virtualy the same engine. On paper the FZ6 has one more cc than the R6. But the R6 has a different compression ratio, and different drive train. I think your best bet to start off with is go with a K&N air filter. It's quick, cheap, and you can do it youself. I think including the upper air box cover i losened 1 bolt and removed 8 bolts/screws. make sure that your tank with either empty or close to it. i just did that to my 07 FZ6 and i have no backfires or anything. Next on your list should be exhaust. Granted I havent dont that just yet but i have had 3 bikes in the past and i havent had any problems with just bolting it on. worst case you have to get a plug and play power comander. that should boost your horsepower and torque. however if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, I'd upgrade plugs and wires, change out sprockets and possibly have the head bored out. but as far as exhaust and air filter and things of that nature, i'm just telling you stuff that you can do pretty much by yourself. good luck and keep it shiny side up. >:)

Oh and another thing DON"T EVER TRY TO GET MATCHING GEAR!!!! You'll just wind up lookin like a Goober. When in doubt go with black gear. That's what I did and it works. Same goes with anybody with anybike. So if you've got a yellow bike, Don't get a red helmet or a red jacket. You look retarted.

IF YOU HAVE A BIKE AND YOU GEAR IS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT COLOR PLEASE SAY THE FOLLOWING:

I

Am

Sofa

King

Red

Tar

Ted

Thanks

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Oh and another thing DON"T EVER TRY TO GET MATCHING GEAR!!!! You'll just wind up lookin like a Goober. When in doubt go with black gear. That's what I did and it works. Same goes with anybody with anybike. So if you've got a yellow bike, Don't get a red helmet or a red jacket. You look retarted.

IF YOU HAVE A BIKE AND YOU GEAR IS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT COLOR PLEASE SAY THE FOLLOWING:

I

Am

Sofa

King

Red

Tar

Ted

Thanks

pmsl

• 1 month later...

thanks for the comments guys... had the bike about 4 weeks now and must say....AWESOME..... i absolutely love it... althought it has wet my appertite for an R6 or R1 now lol. geoff i cant see the pics of yours in your thread mate.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online