stupid luggage

unfazed
This post is 5699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a 2008 FZ1 Fazer for about 1 month and previous bike had Givi monorack and topbox. So today new Givi monorack and plate fitted to fazer. I notice Givi whilst not explaining why say monoraqck only with MSM plate-whatever that is? Upshot my old case doesn't fit but oddly 'proper' yamaha topbox off wifes FZ6 fits OK!! So it appears to accommodate the yamaha boxes. Does anyone know about this and what other than Yam and Givi boxes will fit? Preferably cheaper ones as i only use the box twice a year. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hope i have read this right . Give do 2 racks for the top box to fit on , but the box should fit straight onto both.

http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_bauli_a....asp?CO_ID=1403

when i changed from a XJR to an FJR i could not use the wing rack system had to go for the Tubular set up. it has a different topbox holder.

i take it its a new fitting kit for thr model you have used {just have to ask}.and its a new box holder.

if it is contact Givi and ask, the part would be cheaper new luggage

hope i have read this right . Give do 2 racks for the top box to fit on , but the box should fit straight onto both.

http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_bauli_a....asp?CO_ID=1403

when i changed from a XJR to an FJR i could not use the wing rack system had to go for the Tubular set up. it has a different topbox holder.

i take it its a new fitting kit for thr model you have used {just have to ask}.and its a new box holder.

if it is contact Givi and ask, the part would be cheaper new luggage

Thanks for this- i emailed Givi and their reply was to the effect that their cases fitted their plates. A rather inane reply. The link you give shows the position exactly. The larger pic shows the plate with like 2 hooks type fit like the one i took off my Cb1300 (about 3 years old). the plate marked MM is just like the one fitted new yesterday and has a long slot so my monokey (monkey?)box doesn't fit. I have solved the problem just now because both plates have the same fit to the monorack so i have just switched them over. but why the different plates- i mean what reason. I know my 46 ltr case is above the givi recommend for the fazer FZ1 (37 ltr) perhaps its something to do with that. This has become rather like extolling the virtues of different kinds of shovel so I will leave it at that and at least now have the box for our trip out at the weekend. Lets hope there is no stability problem. Once again tnx.