YZF R6 Mk1

GrannySmiff
This post is 5701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I am looking for some help please, I am hopefully going to be buying an R6 1999-2003 model do you call it a mk1?. Does anybody know any goos sites specific to these bikes or any info for what I should check and look out for

on this particular model.

Any advice will be greatly recived as I am new to the bikes and dont want to buy a lemon, I have around 2500 to spend and it looks like I can get a good'un for that.

Thanks very much for any responses

James.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all I am looking for some help please, I am hopefully going to be buying an R6 1999-2003 model do you call it a mk1?. Does anybody know any goos sites specific to these bikes or any info for what I should check and look out for

on this particular model.

Any advice will be greatly recived as I am new to the bikes and dont want to buy a lemon, I have around 2500 to spend and it looks like I can get a good'un for that.

Thanks very much for any responses

James.

hi mate,not sure where to look for an early R6,I've had 4 r6's I currently have the latest model,The early 5Eb model whioch is the first one did have a problem with the gear selector return spring,it's nothing to worry about but when they go it's good to know it's not the end of the world,it's a simple job,obviously needing a new spring and a gasket,cost about a tenner,most of them were recalled and recitfied so you may never experience it,butit's l;ess painfull if you already know,apart from that,there a mint bike,cheers Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online