rd 400 wiring and tips

zetty
This post is 5762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I've just bought my first bike. A 1976 RD400. I took it for a test drive and if felt great. There are some small problems to work out though. When you turn the ignition in the on position, the tail light comes on. Then when you signal, sometimes the blinker will stay solid. The signals I'm not sure if that's an actual problem, the tail light I now it is. If anyone knows about a few of these problems then I would really appreciate your kind help.

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rear light sounds like wiring probs does parking light in headlight stay on, on uk bikes there is a position on key to have switch on and parking lights, the indicator /turn signal provb sounds like the flasher can /unit going up the creek

wiring diagrams and tech help specific too RD,s available on aircooled rd club join us and see how many people actually still own these old bikes

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online