de-restricting my 2008 fz6 n

speed freakster
This post is 5692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Most after-market restrictor kits are just discs put in the inlet to restrict the airflow as far as I know. Factory fit ones may be different.
the restrictor is just a bigger butterfly that restricts me fully openin the throttle i can take it off easy enough but will i need adjust the mixturednt wana risk just takin it of n feckin my bike up lol....

• 1 month later...

the restrictor is just a bigger butterfly that restricts me fully openin the throttle i can take it off easy enough but will i need adjust the mixturednt wana risk just takin it of n feckin my bike up lol....

I'm in the same boat. The Belfast yamaha dealer is charging £40 to remove it. Providing they don't pass on a list of newly derestricted bikes to the police and DVA, I think I'll just pay them to do it for me.

I don't want mine off because I'm a nutter and I want to do 120 mph on the back wheel or anything. I think those restrictors are plain dangerous. I almost got killed because I didn't have enough go to complete an overtake.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online