xj600 pre diversion

jianpaul
This post is 5721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, bike developed a problem and left hand ignition coil for cyls 1 and 4 split open causing fuses to blow.have now changed both coils for all cyls and only firing on cyls 2 and 3 but coil for cyls 1 and 4 gets warm ans does not spark as checked for that when i changed both coils over, also noticed the electric rev counter is not working as well. could some please help me out as running out of ideas. could someone also shed some light on the little electric box with a four pin connector sat on a ally heatshield attached to the frame with two phillips screws behind the left hand side pannel as been told there are two igniter boxes on the xj600 pre div or is it the regulator/rectifier unit. will be most appreciative for any help , suggestions , and advise offered. ian.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What you're describing sounds like the reg/rectifier. There is only 1 cdi unit on XJ's but you might have the type that has 2 plugs going into it (1 fourpin & 1 sixpin) which is black plastic in appearance.

What you're describing sounds like the reg/rectifier. There is only 1 cdi unit on XJ's but you might have the type that has 2 plugs going into it (1 fourpin & 1 sixpin) which is black plastic in appearance.

hi grizzlydan ty for the advice u have given me if the cdi plays up would this cause it not to spark on the left hand coil which runs plug leads 1&4 as changed both coils since the left went down and now got full spark on coil for cyls 2&3 but nothing on coil for cyls 1&4 do u have any idea if the cdi box would cause this as when prob occured coils split open causeing all main fuses to blow cheers ian

can do but then again check all the connections between the CDI & the coils coz a short can also cause it. let me know what type the CDI is as i may have one coz i scrapped my old one a couple of years ago & still have some parts left (most of the electrics interfitted with my FZ).

hi grizzleydan ty for advice and if u still have the cdi i would like to buy it off u so how much do u want for it and how do u want the money sent to u the information i got off mine is part nos tid14_78a 3km_01 0410 once again thanks ian.

Right the one I've got is part no. TID14-05 4U8-10 so i don't know if it would help. It would fit as it has 4pin & 6pin.

This one might be off an old XJ550 so I'll have another look round the shed as i know i've got a couple of other ignitors somewhere. They all should work as they came off bikes that had been working til being writen off in crashes (my ex's were good at crashing or putting chains through the back of engines).

hi dan cheers for trying to look 4 me but have 1 just cost me 60.00 i have rang every breakers from lands end to johno grouts and found 1 near to me but now my bloody rev conters gone on me so on the hunt for 1 of them now they like rocking horse shit to so if any 1 got 1 who reads this would be most gratefull if u let me know if u do find cdi dan stick it on ebay and make your self a few quid as u cant get them once again cheers ian :rolleyes:

hi, bike developed a problem and left hand ignition coil for cyls 1 and 4 split open causing fuses to blow.have now changed both coils for all cyls and only firing on cyls 2 and 3 but coil for cyls 1 and 4 gets warm ans does not spark as checked for that when i changed both coils over, also noticed the electric rev counter is not working as well. could some please help me out as running out of ideas. could someone also shed some light on the little electric box with a four pin connector sat on a ally heatshield attached to the frame with two phillips screws behind the left hand side pannel as been told there are two igniter boxes on the xj600 pre div or is it the regulator/rectifier unit. will be most appreciative for any help , suggestions , and advise offered. ian.

the little thing with two phillips screws is a rectifier as mine blue up

the little thing with two phillips screws is a rectifier as mine blue up

cheers for that was just makeing sure as lets just say what it has had in the last month it has had 2 regulater rectifiers 2 ignition coils a cdi unit and the thing is still running like a bag of shit their is no power underload and the plugs are black so going to chage them nxt do oil change and what ever else can think it needs and if all else fails a box of matches and a gallon of petrol lol :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online