fz750 genesis tyre recommendations?

markf
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 1990 fz750 genesis will need a new front tyre soon. Any recommendations? Don't want a real cheapy, but running bike on a budget, so good mid-range tyre would be ideal. Not into cranked over high-speed cornering (too darn old <g>), but need something that'll be secure in the rain. Mixture of motorway cruising and country roads with long straights and 90deg bends. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok, no suggestions forthcoming. back tyre is Bridgestone Battlax BT020 and nice man at local dealer says to keep front and rear same type. However, can't get BT020 any more for front, so it's gonna have to be a BT021....

I use BT-45's on mine, seem to suit it pretty well. Never had a problem with grip in the wet or dry even when...... pushing things a little. ;)

Cheers. The BT021 is probably on the rim now - picking it up this evening, but will bear in mind for when the next pair is required.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online