Ebay Fairing Kits

s24nto
This post is 5726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone ever brought one of these off Ebay?

Thinking of getting a rep kit for my 01 R6! But seeing as it has to come from Hong Kong i dont want to pay all the money for a pile of crap!

Any advise would be helpful

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive heard a few things like...

'There alright'

'could do with a better paint job, mine started to peel off'

'they dont fit right'

'there shite'

mixed reviews then by the looks of it! :unsure:

will have to see if making good of the current fairings & paint job work out better! Does any know where i might be able to get a set set of official Yamaha decals/stickers??

check ebay as they sometimes see some on there. yamaha would want quite a bit id imagine.

or have a word with nick at jesters trick bits and see if he can make some up if you prove him with pictures ;)

Ebay is hit or miss. I saved bigtime cash buying a new chain on ebay.

Last friday though, I received a bullet fairing from an ebay purchase. It arrived in pieces, as in broken....with the mounting bolts tossed loose into the box, and lack of any instructions for mounting the sucker. Seems whoever did the packing was having a bad day or something. Insult to injury, so far, getting that squarred away with the seller is proving less than hassle-free.

As for the fairing itself, it's ok (from what I could tell of the unbroken bits).

I have saved a lot buying ignition stuff for cheap for my 1988 FZ600. Parts from Yamahaha are extreme!

Best Ebay advise = Check the seller's rating! Read Feedback, if they scam a lot of people, Those people will have left them really bad feedback, this is the one thing THEY cannot edit or remove, so what people say is usually pretty accurate. Good Luck!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online