RD80MX Spares

SAV
This post is 5750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys,

Im new to this group, so hello to all. Into my forties now but had loads of aircooled Yams in the late seventies early 80's before going over to the LC's. Then moved to the "four stroke dark side" - I've had 7 GSXR750's over the years. Currently own an RZV500R (not road going yet), a concourse XS650 roadster, and just bought a little RD80MX to restore.

I'm looking for some assistance with the MX. It's an '84 and I require a barrel and carb for it. I know these bikes were very rear in the UK but wondered if anybody knows where I could source parts for it? There seems to be far more 50MX bits (and DT80MX) on sleeze-bay, anyone know if the 50 and 80 (and DT) bits are generally the same? I would like to get a little bit more power out of it so if there is a big bore kit available for it (like the LC kit) I would be interested.

Many thanks,

Russ

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online